Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Skip Navigation LinksHome / PWC News
Assistance for Families in Need
Tuesday, 5 January 2021
| County News & Features | | | 0 Comments

The Department of Social Services Benefit's Division would like to post some general information regarding programs available to Prince William County residents:

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medical Assistance Programs and Energy Assistance Program (EAP)

How to Apply for Assistance:

Complete an application
    • Apply online for benefits at;
    • Apply for SNAP, TANF, EAP, and Medical Assistance over the phone by calling 855-635-4370;
    • Apply for Medical Assistance only over the phone by calling 855-242-8282;
    • Get an application during office hours at your local department of social services (LDSS);
    • Ask the LDSS to mail an application to you; or
    • Print a copy of the application off the internet at under each program under Assistance or at for Medical Assistance.
File the application
    • Leave the printed application at the LDSS; or
    • Mail or fax the application to your LDSS.
Depending on the type of assistance you are requesting, you may need to be interviewed.
Comments ()
Please log-in with your Facebook account to post comments. Comments will be visible upon approval. Please note that comments containing inappropriate language, personal attacks or other content not suitable for a general audience will not be published
Please sign up or


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.