The Department of Social Services Benefit's Division would like to post some general information regarding programs available to Prince William County residents:Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medical Assistance Programs and Energy Assistance Program (EAP)How to Apply for Assistance:
Complete an application
- Apply online for benefits at https://commonhelp.virginia.gov/access/;
- Apply for SNAP, TANF, EAP, and Medical Assistance over the phone by calling 855-635-4370;
- Apply for Medical Assistance only over the phone by calling 855-242-8282;
- Get an application during office hours at your local department of social services (LDSS);
- Ask the LDSS to mail an application to you; or
- Print a copy of the application off the internet at http://www.dss.virginia.gov/ under each program under Assistance or at www.coverva.org for Medical Assistance.
File the application
- Leave the printed application at the LDSS; or
- Mail or fax the application to your LDSS.
Depending on the type of assistance you are requesting, you may need to be interviewed.