Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Foster Care
The Prince William County Department of Social Services invites you to attend a Foster Care orientation session. Orientation sessions will provide information about foster care, foster children and the requirements to becoming an approved foster parent. 
For questions about a Foster Care Orientation Session, call 703-792-7500.  

Upcoming orientation sessions:

Location 1: Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building (Directions)
15941 Donald Curtis Drive, Suite 180
Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

Every 2nd Monday of each month except Holidays
All session times are 6-7 p.m.

Location 2: Sudley North Government Center (Directions)
7987 Ashton Ave., Suite 200
Manassas, Virginia
Every 4th Monday of each month except Holidays
All session times are 6-7 p.m.

Foster care is the provision of full-time substitute care for children committed by the Court or entrusted by their parents to the Department of Social Services. Foster care placement is intended to be a temporary, rather than a long-term solution to family problems. Services are provided to the children and their families to resolve the problems which caused the foster care placement, and to reunify the family. If reunification is not possible, another permanent plan (placement with a relative or adoption by a non-relative) is pursued for the child.

Independent living services are designed to prepare foster care youth to become proficient in daily living skills such as money management, employment, personal appearance and hygiene, meal planning, transportation and finances. These vital skills will enable older teens in the foster care system to become self-sufficient adults. Volunteers are always welcome!  

For general information about foster care, see Foster Care - Frequently Asked Questions. To inquire about placing a specific child in foster care, contact a Child Protective Services Coordinator at 703-792-4200. For additional information, call 703-792-7500


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.