November 1, 2019, state agencies will begin to accept applications for Medicaid Expansion, MAGI Adults.
MAGI Adult Talking Points
1. The local department is one of five application paths: Additional application paths include:
2. Coverage begin date is January 1 and in general is for:
- Adults age 19-64, not Medicare eligible;
- Income from 0% to 138% FPL
3. Governors Access Plan (GAP) and Planned First (PF) individuals (less than 138%) will be automatically enrolled (letters have already been mailed to GAP, letters will be mailed to PF to inform them of coverage)
4.SNAP and Parents of Children will be contacted to inform them that they may now be eligible for health coverage. They must either:
- Complete and return form mailed them;
- Call CoverVA Call Center to complete process;
- Complete process via CommonHelp.
5. For additional information including questions about coverage, go to www.coverva.org or call 1-855-242-8282. Individuals who are deaf or hearing impaired can call 1-888-221-1590.
CommonHelp - Virginia Online Application Center
CommonHelp is a web-based application that allows Virginians to:
- Screen for eligibility for social services benefits and services
- Apply for these benefits and services online (including renewals)
- Check the status of their benefits
- Be able to report changes to their status online
- Access help 24/7 to the system
You may also come into our offices to apply between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
7987 Ashton Avenue, Suite 200 | Manassas, VA 20109
15941 Donald Curtis Drive, Suite 180 | Woodbridge, VA 22191
You can also call 703-792-7500 and request an application be mailed to you.