Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Good to Know

Good To Know Facts and Contacts for Common Community Concerns

Public Works often receives calls from citizens looking for more information about common issues and concerns impacting their neighborhoods.  For your convenience, we’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked concerns and the agency who can offer more assistance/guidance to address the issue.  Simply click on the agency link and you will be directed to their website for additional information.  You can also click on the concerns in blue to be directed to a specific web posting about that topic. 

Animal Restrictions  

Concern​Who to Call​Phone​
Chickens & Other Fowl​ Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​
Dogs (too many in home)​ Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​
Farm animals in neighborhood​ Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​


​Concern ​Who to Call​Phone
Building Development Development Services703-792-6930​
Land Development Development Services​703-792-6930​
Land Disturbance (2500 sq ft)​ Neighborhood Services​​703-792-7018
Noise (request for exemption to noise ordinance)​ Public Works​​703-792-6820
Noise (request for exemption to noise ordinance related to transportation project)​ Department of Transportation​​703-792-6825​



​Concern​Who to Call​Phone
Serious threat or emergency​Public Safety911
Flooding in the streets​ Virginia Department of Transportation​703-383-8368​
Flooding in the back yard​ Environmental Services​703-792-7070​


​Concern​Who to Call​Phone
Ancestry in Prince William County Prince William County Libraries (RELIC)703-792-4540​
Cemeteries (information, report maintenance needs for older cemeteries)​ Historic Commission (Planning Office)703-792-7615​
Is this a Historic House or Building?​ Historic Commission (Planning Office)​703-792-6830
Photography at Historic Sites​ Public Works, Historic Preservation703-792-4754​
Rent a historic site for an event (wedding, family reunions, etc.)​ Public Works, Historic Preservation​703-792-4754​
Roadside Historic Markers ​ Historic Commission (Planning Office)703-792-6830​
Volunteer Opportunities​ Public Works, Historic Preservation​703-792-4754​
​Concern​Who to Call​Phone
Heavily Littered Spot or Area​ Keep Prince William Beautiful571-285-3772​
Litter along streams or roads​ Neighborhood Services703-792-7018​
Volunteer for Clean Ups or Adopt A Spot​ ​Keep Prince William Beautiful​571-285-3772

​Concern​Who to Call​Phone
Dilapidated buildings and homes​ Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​
Hoarding Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​
Junk in the yard​​ Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​
Neighbor encroaching yard​ Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​
Overcrowding Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​
Structures falling down​ Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​
Tall Grass and Weeds​ Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​
Tenant Landlord Property Maintenance Issues​ Neighborhood Services​703-792-7018​
Other Landlord Tenant Issues​ Virginia Office of Consumer Affairs​​804-786-2042



​Concern​Who to Call​Phone
Construction site run off Environmental Services703-792-7070​
Streams and Waterways​ Environmental Services​703-792-7070​



​Concern​Who to Call​Phone
Bike trail maintenance​ Virginia Department of Transportation​703-383-8368​
Dead animal in road​ Virginia Department of Transportation703-383-8368​
Illegal advertising roadside signs​ Neighborhood Services​​703-792-7018
Streetlights (request for light or report outage)​ Department of Transportation​703-792-6825​
Street name signs (report missing or damaged) Environmental Services​​703-792-5765
Street parking​ Police 703-792-6500​
Trees in right of way​ Virginia Department of Transportation703-383-8368​


​Concern​Who to Call​Phone
Trees on County Property (fallen, dying, dead)​ Environmental Services703-792-7070​

Trash Disposal 

​Concern​Who to Call​Phone
How do I dispose of ammunition?​ Police​703-792-5050
Are there people to help me unload large items?​ Solid Waste Management​703-792-4670​
Disposal costs Solid Waste Management​703-792-4670​
Household Hazardous Waste (what is it?) Solid Waste Management​703-792-4670​
Household Hazardous Waste (how do I get rid of it?) Solid Waste Management​703-792-4670​
Hours and location​​ Solid Waste Management​703-792-4670​
How do I get rid of unused or expired medicines?​ Solid Waste Management​703-792-4670​
Where can I take used car oil, old paint and stain, fertilizers and pesticides? Solid Waste Management703-792-4670​


​Concern​Who to Call​Phone
Who do I call about concerns with cable television service?​ Communications703-792-6600​
Who do I call about concerns with other utilities?​ State Corporation Commission​1-800-552-7945​


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.