Welcome to the Prince William County Planning Office Website
LATEST COVID-19 UPDATE:
Prince William County Government Development Services Building is open. This includes the following Departments and Offices: Development Services, Environmental Services, Fire Marshal, Geographic Information Systems, Planning, Public Works, Transportation and Environmental Health – Prince William Health District.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the Planning Office remains committed to providing excellent customer service, while keeping the health, safety and well-being of our employees, customers, and community as a top priority. Please note the following:
- Appointments are highly recommended. To make an appointment, please call 703-792-7615.
- For general inquiries, please contact us at 703-792-7615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-application meetings and post-submission meetings will continue to be scheduled and held via phone call or electronic meeting system.
- Staff will be working in the Development Services Building and/or teleworking.
- A full list of Planning and Zoning applications can be accessed HERE.
- Please contact the Planning Office before submitting an application to determine if electronic submission can be made.
- In addition to in-person application drop-offs, the Planning Office has a drop-off rack located in the atrium of the Development Services Building.
- If you are dropping off a large volume package, please call ahead at 703-792-7615 so we can promptly receive your package.
- Please place application(s) in the sealed envelopes provided.
- The drop-off rack will be monitored regularly between 8AM – 4PM each workday.
- Applications can also be sent using other mail services (USPS, FEDEX, UPS).
- Appointments are highly recommended. To make an appointment, please call 703-792-6863. Please note: The Records Center closes every day from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm.
- Records requests can also be made ONLINE or by telephone at 703-792-6863.
- Checks should be made payable to: PWC. Please ensure all checks are secured to the application(s).
- Credit Card payments for some applications types and most records requests can now be made via telephone. For details, please call 703-792-7615 (applications) or 703-792-6863 (records requests).