Prince William County
Government is looking to open facilities, with public-facing counters, on
Wednesday, July 1, in accordance with when Governor Northam authorizes
Phase 3. If Phase 3 is delayed beyond July 1, please check back because
this may change our reopening plan. Throughout the COVID-19
pandemic, the Planning Office remains committed to providing excellent customer
service, while keeping the health, safety and well-being of our employees,
customers, and community as a top priority.
- Appointments are highly recommended. To make an appointment, please call
703-792-6863. Please note: The Records Center closes every day from
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm.
- Records requests can also be made ONLINE using the request form below or by telephone at
- Credit card payments for most records requests can now be made via telephone. For details, please call 703-792-6863.
Credit Card payments for some applications types and most records requests can now be made via telephone. For details, please call 703-792-7615 (applications) or 703-792-6863 (records requests).
The Planning Office Records Center staff provides access to stored land development documents in Land Permitting, Land Planning, and Zoning. Copies of these records are available at a cost to the public researchers for any documents requested (Photocopy Charges). No access to information will be accommodated if there is a conflict with stated restrictions on records; either established by the case manager or mandated by statute. The Planning Office Records Center staff are not Planners. Planners are available to assist with research if necessary.
Agencies, professional researchers, and the general public may access information by contacting the Planning Office Records Center staff in the following ways:
Visiting the Planning Office Records Center
Filling out a Planning Office Records Request Form
Calling the Planning Office Records Center at 703-792-6863
The Planning Office Records Center is located in the lower level of the Development Services Building at 5 County Complex Court, Suite 20, Prince William, Virginia 22192. The hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Planning Office Records Center staff maintains the following records:
- Sketch Plans
- Preliminary Residential Site and Subdivision Plans
- Family Land Transfers
- Final Site and Subdivision Plans, Revisions, and some Plats
- Minor Site Plans
- Administrative Review Plans
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plans
- Approved As-Built Plans
- Provisional Use Permits
- Rezoning Files
- Special Use Permit Files
- Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Public Facility Reviews
- Miscellaneous Records
- Zoning Approval for Building Permits
- Certificates of Zoning Approval
- Zoning Approval for Occupancy Permits
- Sign Permits
- Temporary Commercial Activity Permits
- Home Occupation Certificates
- Nonconforming Use Verifications
- Zoning Text Amendment Files