the fee schedule for fiscal year 2021 is in effect on july 1, 2o2o. please make sure to use the new schedule with all new applications submitted to the planning office.
Zoning Fee Schedule Special Use Permit Fee Schedule
Rezoning/Proffer Amendment Fee Schedule Long-Range Fee Schedule
Comprehensive Plan Amendment Applications
are normally reviewed annually after receiving applications no later than the first Friday of the calendar year. Please note this change of process for 2021:
The Planning Office
will be updating the Land Use chapter of the Comprehensive Plan and therefore will not
be accepting any Comprehensive Plan Amendment applications associated with residential-only land uses during the review of all long-range land use designations countywide.
There will be several opportunities for the public to provide feedback, comments, and/or recommendations as part of the community input process as the update to the Land Use chapter progresses. Opportunities for the community input process will be posted as they are scheduled on the Planning Office website
as well as being announced using the PWC Alerts notification system
The Planning Office will still be accepting out-of-turn CPA applications which include the following:
- Applications within the Potomac Communities (areas east of I-95);
- Applications for designated targeted industries;
- Applications within an existing, or creating a new, Center of Commerce or Center of Community;
- Applications for commercial or mixed-use development with a commitment to a concurrent rezoning;
- Re-designation of public land to private use or ownership.
Applications are then forwarded to the Board of County Supervisors for initiation. If initiated the amendment will be heard by the Planning Commission then forwarded, with the Commission's recommendation, to the Board of County Supervisors for final action.
2020 Annual comprehensive Plan amendment (CPA) initiations
- Eagles Crossing - A Comprehensive Plan Amendment to change the land use designation for ±4.08 acres from FEC, Flexible Employment Center to SRH, Suburban Residential High. The applicant will file a concurrent rezoning.
- The applicant has filed a concurrent rezoning, #REZ2020-00025. Please note this is an out-of-turn Comprehensive Plan Amendment (CPA) request to change approximately 14.3 acres from GC, General Commercial, to HDN, High Density Neighborhood. The property is identified on County Maps as GPIN 7696-59-5541, is zoned B-1; General Business, and designated GC, General Commercial in the Comprehensive Plan.
Pending Comprehensive Plan Amendments
The following cases are pending comprehensive plan amendments (CPA) that have been initiated by the Board of County Supervisors. Following initiation, applicants will be submitting additional information with a concurrent Rezoning request. CPAs that have been filed with a concurrent rezoning request may be found on the Pending Planning Cases Interactive Map Application.
- CPA2021-0000; Route 28 Widening - A Comprehensive Plan Amendment to the Thoroughfare Plan to change the Route 28/Centreville Road from four lanes to six lanes from the City of Manassas Park line to the Fairfax County line.
- CPA2020-00011; Hunter Property - An amendment to change +/- 44.04 acres of the =/- 196.02 acres from SRL, Suburban Residential Low, to FEC, Flexible Employment Center. The property is identified as GPINs 7496-43-8199, 7496-25-7319, and 7496-17-5917 on County Mapper, is zoned A-1, Agricultural, and designated SRL, Suburban Residential Low, FEC, Flexible Employment Center, and ER, Environmental Resource in the Comprehensive Plan. Portions of the property lies within the Data Center Opportunity, Airport Safety, and the 100-Year Flood, and the Resource Protection Area Overlay Districts, as well as a Dam Inundation Zone. Brentsville Magisterial District. - The Applicant will file a concurrent rezoning.
- CPA2016-00005 Innovation Town Center - Comprehensive Plan Amendment for +/-78.65 acres from Regional Employment Center (Rec) - Commerce Office/R&D High Profile (CH) and Commerce Office/R&D (CO) to Regional Employment Center (REC) - Town Center Mixed Use (TM). The Property is on the East side of The Prince William Parkway (Route 234) approximately 1,100 feet North Of its intersection with University Boulevard and extending North to Wellington Road. Brentsville Magisterial District.
- CPA2016-00007 Kline Property - To amend the Comprehensive Plan land use designation for ±100.45 acres from CEC, Community Employment Center, and SRR, Semi-Rural Residential, to CEC, Community Employment Center, with a Center of Community Overlay and with an expanded study area. The property is located south and southeast of the intersection of Prince William Parkway and Liberia Avenue and north of Buckhall Road. The site is addressed as 8129, 8227, 8231, 8341, and 8351 Prince William Parkway, and 10175 Lake Jackson Drive. The site is identified on County maps as GPINs 7895-12-8843, 7895-23-2666, 7895-23-4912, 7895-32-0193, 7895-33-1607, and 7895-32-7841, and is zoned A-1, Agricultural, and designated CEC, Community Employment Center, and SRR, Semi-Rural Residential, in the Comprehensive Plan. The project area is east of the City of Manassas, and is partially located within the Prince William Parkway Highway Corridor Overlay District. (Concurrently processed with REZ2016-00021, Kline Property) Coles Magisterial District.
- CPA2017-00002 Zetlin Property - To amend the Comprehensive Plan land use designation for ±17.22 acres from SRL, Suburban Residential Low to CEC, Commercial Employment Center, to provide mixed-use project. Applicant will submit concurrent rezoning application. Brentsville Magisterial District.
comprehensive Plans suspended (on-hold)
- CPA2016-00006 Bradley-234 – Initiate a Comprehensive Plan Amendment for +/- 20 acres to change the land use designation of the property from Community Employment Center (CEC) to Suburban Residential Medium (SRM). The site is located 200 feet north of Bradley Cemetery Way and east of Dumfries Road (Route 234). Coles Magisterial District.
- CPA2015-20000 Virginia Gateway Addition (West) - Change +/- 10.02ac from CEC, Commercial Employment Center, and SRL, Suburban Residential Low, to RCC, Regional Commercial Center
Contact the Planning Office
To submit your comments, concerns or ideas on any of the pending comprehensive plan amendments, choose one of the options below:
Use the online Comment Form.
E-mail comments to email@example.com. Use the case name or number as the subject.
Complete and print the Stakeholder Questionnaire and email the form, fax the form to 703-792-4401, or mail the form to:
5 County Complex Court, Suite 210
Prince William, VA 22192