Saturday, August 31 through and including Monday, September 2 all libraries are closed for the Labor Day holiday and weekend. Potomac and Haymarket Gainesville Community Libraries will not be accepting Passports during this time.
The PWPLS has begun offering Passport Services at Haymarket Gainesville Community Library and Potomac Community Library. Here's what you need to know before visiting one of these two branches to start the process:
What you need:
DS-11 form completed in black ink (must say 06-2016 in the lower left corner)
- Original proof of U.S. citizenship (birth/naturalization certificate, old passport)
- Valid, unexpired photo ID
- A 2 x 2 inch passport photo (no glasses)
- Two payments
- 1 check (no starter checks) or money order for the U.S. Department of State for each application
- Passport book: adults - $110; minors 15 and under - $80
- Passport card: adults - $30; minors 15 and under - $15
- Expedite fee: $60
- 1 check (no starter checks) or cash for Prince William County
- Acceptance facility fee: $35
- No debit or credit cards
- The applicant must appear in person, regardless of age.
For children ages 15 and under, you also need:
- Proof of parental relationship (original birth certificate, adoption papers)
- All custodial parents or legal guardians must appear in person, or the non-appearing parent must submit a notarized DS-3053 and photocopy of ID.
*This list is not comprehensive. Please visit
or call 1-877-2778 for more details on requirements.
Please note that if you need to renew your passport and are over 16, you can renew by mail using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport meets all five of these requirements:
- Is submitted with your application
- Is undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear")
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
Our acceptance facilities cannot process DS-82 applications. For assistance with the DS-82 form please refer to travel.state.gov or call 1-877-487-2778.
Our facilities offer Passport application review and submission services on a first come, first served basis and we reserve the right to close our waiting list early depending on the time available for processing applications. Please arrive as early as possible. Sign up for passport services will close 30 minutes prior to the end of our acceptance hours.
Passport application review and submission services are offered on a first come, first served basis at the following locations: