PERSONAL VISITS WITH INMATES
Inmates are allowed one (1) non-contact visit per week. These visits will be done through video visitation only. The length of visits is as follows:
- Maximum custody – 20 minutes
- Medium/Minimum custody – 30 minutes
- Inside/outside workers – 60 minutes
Each inmate establishes a list of up to six visitors depending on privilege level, which can only be changed every 4 months. This list must be established before a visitor is able to conduct visitation.
Visitors will need to go online and register for visitation at the following website http://princewilliamva.gtlvisitme.com On the website during registration the visitor will need to select which inmate(s) they wish to visit. Detention Center staff will approve/deny requests based upon the list that is submitted by the inmate. Once approved the visitor will be able to schedule visits. When space is available, a second non-contact visit for the week may be purchased and scheduled for a nominal fee.
On the scheduled visitation day all visitors will need to be here at least 15 minutes prior to the start time of the visit to complete the check-in process. At this time a valid photo identification is required. A parent or legal guardian must accompany children under the age of 18. Juveniles in high school are asked to bring school ID with them. Emancipated juveniles must show proof of emancipation. Those under the age of 18 who are married to an inmate are not required to be accompanied by an adult, but proof of marriage must be shown.
**If an inmate is on Work Release, the visitor will need to contact Work Release to find out about their visitation schedule**
The following items are not permitted in the visiting area of the Adult Detention Center: cameras, tobacco products, matches/lighters, food items/drinks, weapons, recording devices, handbags/purses and cellular devices.
Visitation can be denied for the following reasons:
- Improper dress CLOTHING MUST BE OF A CONSERVATIVE NATURE. THE FOLLOWING IS NOT ALLOWED:
- NO skirts/dresses shorter than 5" above the knee
- NO see-through clothing (lace, sheer, etc.)
- NO low-cut shirts exposing the stomach or chest area (i.e. halters, back out shirts, spaghetti straps, camisoles, etc. with or without a cover-up)
- NO short shorts or cut-off shorts – Shorts must be no shorter than 5" above the knee
- NO high-splits (skirts, slacks, or shirts)
- NO clothing with racial contexts, vulgarity, or profanity
- NO pants/shorts below the waistline
- All visitors are expected to behave in an appropriate manner during visitation (i.e. no exposure or offensive gestures towards inmates or other visitors)
- Visitors must remain seated during the visit. Standing in the visitation booth/stacking chairs is prohibited.
- No profanity is allowed
- No food, drink, or personal items (except eyeglasses/ID and keys) may be brought into the visitation area.)
- Children may not sit on the visitation window ledge, or the counter at the visitation booth.
- Children must be supervised at all times. If your child is disruptive (i.e. crying, screaming, running, etc.) you will be asked to control the child or leave.
- Children are not allowed to run or play within the visitation or lobby area.
- Diaper changing is not permitted in the visitation area.
- Introduction of contraband or any breach of security
- Visitors under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Inmates will not receive visitation until they have completed the classification process, usually within the first 72 hours and have submitted a visitation list. Those inmates who are housed in the disciplinary unit cannot receive visits.
In the event of an emergency follow the directions of Adult Detention Center staff.
Professional visits with inmates
Professional visits to inmates may take place any time except during these hours:
- 6:00 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- 11:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
The Adult Detention Center staff asks that all professionals register at http://princewilliamva.gtlvisitme.com or come into the Central Lobby and ask staff to assist with registering for scheduling non-contact visits at 30 minute intervals. If more time than 30 minutes is needed please feel free to reserve additional time slots to be able to accomplish what you need. If you need a contact visit they are still treated as walk-in professional visits on a first come, first serve basis. Inmates may not receive any items such as paper clips, pens, or CDs. Paper documents are acceptable.