The Prince William - Manassas Regional Adult Detention Center appreciates your interest in our organization. The agency strives to recruit individuals seeking a career in corrections.
Applications for positions are accepted on an as-needed basis. If you have questions concerning employment opportunities, contact Sergeant Norma Harris at 703-792-5824 or Abigail Corcoran at 703-792-5840. You may call to have an application mailed to you.
Applications can be mailed or hand delivered to ADC Human Resources located at 9321 Mosby Street, Manassas, VA 20110. Office hours are 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding recognized County Holidays.
Applications may also be emailed to the ADC Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 20 years of age
- Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license; applicants with five demerits or more are ineligible
- Must not have been convicted of any felony or serious misdemeanor
The Adult Detention Center recruitment and selection process supports the Prince William County Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plans. The selection process takes approximately four to eight months after the application has been received. Applicants must successfully complete the following phases:
- Submit completed application to: Prince William-Manassas Regional Adult Detention Center, 9319 Mosby Street, Manassas, VA 20110
- Criminal history review (date of birth is necessary to accomplish this)
- Driving record review
- Written examination
- Conditional offer of employment
- Pre-screening interview
- Pre-Employment Physical Fitness Test
- Polygraph examination
- Background interview and investigation
- Medical physical examination
- Final approval by Superintendent, Human Resources, and County Executive
The following will disqualify an applicant for employment:
- Incomplete application.
- Marijuana use within the past twelve months.
- Use of any other illegal substances.
- Any felony or serious misdemeanor convictions.
- Any alcohol or drug-related driving convictions.
- Conviction of domestic assault.
- Accumulation of more than five demerit points on your current valid driver's license. Out-of-state driving record convictions will be assessed against the Virginia Division of Motor Vehicle point system.
- Visible tattoos are not permitted while on duty under any circumstances. Tattoos on the forearms and wrist area must be covered while on duty either with a tattoo sleeve or long –sleeved uniform shirts. Tattoos on the head, neck, face and hands are not permitted under any circumstances. Wedding band tattoos are permitted.
Click the link to view and print an application: APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT. You must have Adobe Reader installed in order to view. If you do not have a copy, download your free copy at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html. Please click the link below to review a current list of vacancies.
Click here to view the job descriptions for currently available positions.
Employee Benefits - list of available employee benefits.
Physical Fitness Test Elements
The Human Resources Section is also responsible for staff training and development. To contact the Training Officer, call 703-792-5840.