The Prince William - Manassas Regional Adult Detention Center appreciates your interest in our organization. The agency strives to recruit individuals seeking a career in public service.
Applications for positions are accepted on an as-needed basis. Current job postings are listed online at https://governmentjobs.com/careers/pwcgov.
Applications can be submitted online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pwcgov. The ADC Human Resources office is located at 9321 Mosby Street, Manassas, VA 20110. Office hours are 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
All inquiries related to job postings, application deadlines and the status of applications should be submitted through email@example.com. Contact information should be included in the inquiry.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process will be notified by phone or email.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 20 years of age (Jail Officer position)
- Must be a high school graduate or GED recipient
- Must have a valid driver's license; applicants with five or more demerit points are ineligible
- Must not have been convicted of any felony or serious misdemeanor offense
Requirements such as minimum experience and education may be higher depending on the position. Please check the corresponding job advertisement for specific position qualifications.
The Adult Detention Center recruitment and selection process supports the Prince William County Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plans. The selection process takes approximately four to eight months after the application has been received. Applicants must successfully complete the following phases:
- Submit completed application online
- Criminal history review (date of birth and social security number are necessary to accomplish this)
- Driving record review
- Written examination (Jail Officer position only)
- Conditional offer of employment
- Pre-Employment Physical Fitness Test (Jail Officer position only)
- Polygraph examination
- Background interview and investigation
- Medical examination
- Final approval by Superintendent and Human Resources
- Incomplete application
- Marijuana use within the past twelve months
- Use of any type of illicit substance other than marijuana, including but not limited to, cocaine, hallucinogens, barbiturates, PCP, heroin, methamphetamines, inhalants, prescription medications not prescribed to you, etc.
- Any felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
- Any alcohol or drug-related driving convictions within the past twelve months
- Conviction of domestic assault
- Accumulation of more than five demerit points on your current valid driver's license. Out-of-state driving records will be assessed against the Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles point system.
- Tattoos on the head, neck, face and hands are not permitted. One (1) wedding band tattoo is permitted. Details on tattoo restrictions can be obtained from the Human Resource staff.
Applications for vacant positions can be submitted through the Prince William County website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pwcgov
Click here to view the job descriptions for currently available positions.
Physical Fitness Test Elements – for Jail Officer applicants