Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Juvenile Court Service Unit
Motions for Non-Compliance Violation FAQs
Motions for Non-Compliance Violation FAQs
If you are inquiring about a non-compliance of a support order and Division of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE) collects and disburses payments, contact the DCSE at 8515 Phoenix Drive, Manassas, VA (800-468-8894) to request assistance to enforce the order.
Non-compliance of other Court orders (including custody and visitation) require the filing of a motion for a show cause rule through the Court Service Unit Intake office. A scheduled appointment is required to file the motion. It is necessary to have a copy of the original Court order that you are asking the Court to enforce with you at the time of your meeting with Intake. If you do not have a copy of the original Court order, you must obtain a copy from the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court clerk's office prior to your appointment.
Upon completion and filing of the motion, the Intake Office will forward your motion to the Clerks of Court's Office. A Court date will be scheduled by the clerk and you will be notified and required to appear before the Court to request the issuance of a show cause rule. If the Court grants the motion, another Court date will be set, and the show cause rule will be issued for the non-compliance of the Court's order.


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.