Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Clerk of Circuit Court

Criminal Case Continuance Policy

It is the policy of the Court to grant continuances only in cases where good cause is shown. Counsel may file a motion to request a continuance or if there is insufficient time for filing a motion, counsel may visit or call Chambers 703-792-6010 with the Commonwealth Attorney to request a continuance.

If a continuance is granted through the latter method, the case can be continued on the record in Court with all parties present. 
Please notify the Circuit Court Clerk's Office by email if you find that any of the links on this page do not work.


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.