Teens don’t exactly get a free ride for the summer, but bus trips will be discounted for teens who use Potomac Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC) buses to get around the county.
Commission spokeswoman Christine Rodrigo the “MyLink” program is designed to give teens a chance to be mobile, with unlimited rides, all summer for $30. “It’s specifically designed for people 13 to 19 years old and it’s designed to give them a break during the summer so they can get around independently. This is their link to where they want to go.”
Rodrigo said the $30 fee comes with other bonuses when teens show their MyLink passes at:
- Potomac Nationals, Pfitzner Stadium, Woodbridge –$1 off general admission at Friday home games;
- Prince William Ice Center, 5180 Dale Boulevard, Woodbridge –$2 off public skate entry;
- Bowl America, 13409 Occoquan Road, Woodbridge and 9000 Mathis Avenue, Manassas – one free game per visit, per day;
- Manassas 4 Cinemas, 8890 Mathis Avenue, Manassas – $1 off admission on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays;
- Stonewall Pool, 8531 Stonewall Road, Manassas – $1 off admission.
For the convenience of teens and their parents, passes will be sold through Aug. 1 at:
- The PRTC Transit Center, at the intersection of Potomac Mills Road and Telegraph Road in Woodbridge, Monday - Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center (cash or credit only), Monday – Thursday 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Friday 5 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sharron Baucom – Dale City Recreation Center (cash or credit only), Monday – Friday 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Ben Lomond Community Center (cash or credit only), Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Manassas City Hall Treasurer’s Office (cash only), Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Manassas Park City Hall Treasurer’s Office (cash only), Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 3-5 p.m.
Teens who have a photo ID should bring it with them when purchasing a MyLink pass because a sticker will be applied to the front of their ID. Teens who don’t have a photo ID will be given a MyLink card with a sticker. Teens simply show their ID or MyLink card to the bus operator each time they board.
The Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission provides transportation services in Prince William County and the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park. OmniLink local buses serve routes in Manassas and Manassas Park on Mondays through Fridays and serve routes in Dale City, Dumfries, Lake Ridge, Quantico, the Route 1 Corridor and Woodbridge on Mondays through Saturdays. The Cross County Connector operates Mondays through Fridays and connects eastern Prince William County with the Manassas area.
Rodrigo said passes will be good on the on all OmniLink and CrossCounty Connector buses.
For more information about MyLink or any of PRTC’s transportation services, contact Customer Service at (703) 730-6664 or visit PRTCtransit.org.