PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY ELECTORAL BOARD
Office of Elections
9250 Lee Avenue, Suite 1
Manassas, Virginia 20110
|| Richard E. Hendrix|
|| Guy Anthony Guiffré|
The Electoral Board has scheduled its next meeting for Friday, Sept. 20, 2013 at 2 p.m. at the Office of Elections.
The Electoral Board presented a proposal to the BOCS for changes to precincts to improve voting experiences for the PWC voting public. Read more
At the Aug. 6th Public Hearing, the Electoral Board will recommend to the BOCS that a limited number of changes (four) be considered at this time, and that the additional changes be considered at a later date. More details are available on the Redistricting page.
The Electoral Board also proposed changing the name of the Voter Registration and Elections office to the Office of Elections. The BOCS approved this change at its Aug. 6 Board meeting.
On May 7, 2013, the Board of County Supervisors approved a change of polling location for two precincts which required new facilities:
Lodge Precinct (formerly voting at the Elks Lodge on Minnieville Road in Woodbridge) will now vote at the Heritage Baptist Church located at 14510 Spriggs Road in Woodbridge. The name of this precinct will change to Spriggs Precinct.
- Pace West Precinct (formerly voting at the old Pace West School building on John Marshall Highway) will now vote at the Haymarket Town Hall located at 15000 Washington Street in Haymarket. The name of this precinct will change to Haymarket Precinct.
All voters affected by these changes will receive a new voter information card before the June 11, 2013 Primary Election.
On April 25
, 2013 the Electoral Board began the search for a new General Registrar. Betty Weimer, former General Registrar, retired in April. The job description can be viewed here
On Nov. 8, 2012 the Electoral Board issued a statement regarding the long lines at some polling places during the Nov. 2012 General Election. See the full statement.
On Aug. 7, 2012 the Board of County Supervisors approved four ordinances related to voting in Prince William County:
- Approve Division of Quantico Voting Precincts - Approve the division of the Quantico voting precinct (3615 Lions Field Road, Triangle, VA) located in the Potomac Magisterial District into two precincts: Quantico precinct voting at the Lillian Carden Center (222 3rd Avenue, Quantico, VA) and Triangle precinct voting at the Triangle Elementary School (3615 Lions Field Road, Triangle, VA)
- Approve Stonewall Jackson Voting Precinct Name Change - Approve the name change of the Stonewall Jackson voting precinct to “Jackson Precinct” (8820 Rixlew Lane, Manassas, VA)
- Approve Relocation of Absentee Voting Site - Approve the relocation of Absentee Voting site from the Haymarket Museum Building to the Haymarket Town Hall (15000 Washington Street, Haymarket, VA)
- Approve Site for In-Person Absentee Voting at McCoart Building - Approve establishing a site for In-Person Absentee Voting at the James J. McCoart Building, located at 1 County Complex Ct., Woodbridge, Virginia for November General Elections as needed due to volume of voters
In Dec., 2010, the Board of County Supervisors approved the Electoral Board's request to opt out of the Department of Justice preclearance requirements of the Voting Rights Act. More
In April 2012 the U.S. District Court approved the County's request for an exemption from the Preclearance requirement. Read the County's press release here.
Meeting minutes from 2013:
Meeting minutes from 2012:
Meeting minutes from 2011:
June 16 to determine the order of names on the primary ballot