The Prince William Office of Virginia Cooperative Extension offers
Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP) groups. STEP is a seven-week discussion group for parents and others who want to learn more effective communication and discipline. The class facilitator uses videos, a textbook and handouts to lead discussions on child development, communications skills, self-esteem issues and discipline.
Classes are offered for three age groups: Parents of Young Children (birth to age 5) , Parents of School-Age Children (ages 6-12), and Parents of Teenagers. The cost to cover class materials is $40 for all seven sessions per individual or couple.
Weather reminder: If Prince William County Schools close early or are closed due to inclement weather, our parenting classes will be cancelled and will resume the following week.
Click here to download the STEP Flyer listing class dates or
click here to download the Parenting Registration Form. All fees must accompany the registration form. Sorry, we do not accept credit cards. Class registration closes at 1 p.m. on the first day of the class. For more information, leave a message at 703-792-6288 and your call will be returned.
Class Schedules (Classes meet from 7-9 p.m. unless otherwise noted)
Parents of Young Children (Ages birth to 5)
- Manassas: Thursdays, June 22 - August 3, 2017, at the Sudley North Government Center
- Woodbridge: Tuesdays, August 15 - September 26, 2017, at the Dr. A. J. Ferlazzo Building
Parents of School Age Children (Ages 6-12)
- Manassas: Wednesdays, June 7 - July 26, 2017, at the Sudley North Government Center
- Woodbridge: Tuesdays, June 6 - August 1, 2017, at the Dr. A. J. Ferlazzo Building
Parenting Teens (Ages 13 and up)
Parenting Classes in Spanish (for all ages) - Clases Preparacion Sistematica Para Educar Bien a los Hijos
- Manassas: Thursdays, June 1- July 13, 2017, at the Sudley North Government Center
- Woodbridge: Mondays, July 31 - September 18, 2017, at the Dr. A. J. Ferlazzo Building
Virginia Cooperative Extension
Parent Education Program
8033 Ashton Ave. Suite 105
Manassas VA 20109
Virginia Cooperative Extension complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are a person with a disability and require auxiliary aids services or other accommodations for a workshop or meeting please discuss your accommodation needs at least five days prior to the event with Virginia Cooperative Extension 703-792-6289/TDD PC 1-800-828-1120.