Anger is a powerful emotion caused by many factors. Everyone experiences anger at one time or another. Anger can motivate us to either overcome obstacles and achieve goals or to hurt oneself or others. Our classes focus on anger between parents, parents and children, and siblings, with recognition of influences from outside forces. Sessions are led by trained staff who have an understanding of the effects anger has on families. The curriculum was developed at Virginia Tech under the supervision of Virginia Cooperative Extension staff.
When Families Get Angry (WFGA) is a three-session, six-hour course developed to assist parents in understanding and constructively dealing with anger in the home. Classes are offered at various locations throughout Prince William County. The cost to cover class materials is $40 per individual or couple. Advanced registration is required (walk-ins are not accepted). Class registration closes at 1 p.m. on the day of the first class. Call the Parent Education Program at 703-792-6288 or e-mail for more information. Click the appropriate link for more information:
- Print out the Parenting Registration Form, Registration Form
- On box 3., WFGA, When Families Get Angry, include the Date of Session, the Class Location and check the appropriate box, When Families Get Angry (WFGA) class schedule or CUANDO LASFAMILIAS SE ENOJAN
- $40.00 payment per individual or per couple living in the same household (couple shares class materials)
- Make $40.00 check or money order payable to: VCE Prince William
- Mail completed registration form (must have class date and location) and $40.00 non-refundable check or money order (Sorry, we do not accept credit cards) payment to:
VCE Prince William, 8033 Ashton Avenue, Suite 105, Manassas, VA 20109, ATTN: Julie S.
All fees must accompany the registration form. Class registration closes at 1 p.m. on the first day of the class. You may sign up for more than one class (for example: JJPP & WFGA) on the Parenting Registration Form. For more information, leave a message at 703-792-6288 and your call will be returned.
Sudley North Government Center
7987 Ashton Avenue, Suite 105, Manassas
Classes meet from 7-9 p.m.
Tuesday evenings, May 21 - June 4, 2019
Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building
15941 Donald Curtis Drive , Woodbridge
Classes meet from 7-9 p.m.
Wednesday evenings, July 10 - July 24, 2019
Virginia Cooperative Extension
Parent Education Program
8033 Ashton Ave. Suite 105
Manassas, VA 20109
Virginia Cooperative Extension complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are a person with a disability and require auxiliary aids services or other accommodations for a workshop or meeting please discuss your accommodation needs at least five days prior to the event with Virginia Cooperative Extension 703-792-6289/TDD PC 1-800-828-1120.