Financial Education Workshops and Seminars
Virginia Cooperative Extension Prince William offers free educational events on personal finance and homeownership on a regular schedule.
Registration is strongly encouraged. To register, please call 703-792-6287 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org. Workshops and Seminars may be cancelled due to low enrollment. Cancellations are posted on the main Financial Education website page. Thank you!
Smart Money Management (SMM) - Learn basic financial principles and improve your money management skills. Determine your net worth by comparing assets and liabilities, and develop a spending plan to achieve financial health. Topics include: setting goals, testing your money values, managing credit, keeping accurate records and investing basics. Completion of the workshop is advised as a pre-requisite to a
Upcoming SMM Workshops (7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.):
- 07/14/2015 - Manassas, Sudley North Government Center
- 07/21/2015 - Woodbridge, Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building
- 08/11/2015 - Manassas, Sudley North Government Center
- 08/18/2015 - Woodbridge, Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building
- 09/08/2015 - Manassas, Sudley North Government Center
- 09/15/2015 - Woodbridge, Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building
Home Ownership Seminar (HOS) - Become an informed buyer as you prepare for the most important purchase of your life. Learn about the home buying process from pre-purchase considerations through settlement. Receive the tools to manage your spending and understand your credit report. Examine different loan products and be introduced to the real estate professional. Discover the importance of a home inspection and the responsibilities of homeownership. Complete the seminar and receive a certificate of completion from the Virginia Housing Development Authority Homeownership Education Program. The seminar meets most lender requirements.
Upcoming HOS (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.):
- 07/11/2015 - Manassas, Sudley North Government Center
- 07/25/2015 - Woodbridge, Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building
- 08/08/2015 - Manassas, Sudley North Government Center
- 08/15/2015 - Woodbridge, Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building
- 09/12/2015 - Manassas, Sudley North Government Center
- 09/26/2015 - Woodbridge, Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building
Please Note: First Time Home Buyer or Housing Assistance Program applicants from the PWC Office of Housing and Community Development or the City of Manassas will be issued a certificate upon completion of Smart Money Management, the Home Ownership Seminar and a Financial Assessment.
If you need additional information, email email@example.com or call 703-792-6287.
Financial Education & Housing Counseling Program
8033 Ashton Ave. Suite 105
Manassas VA 20109
Virginia Cooperative Extension complies with the
Americans with Disabilities Act.
If you are a person with a
disability and require auxiliary aids services or other accommodations for a
workshop or meeting please discuss your accommodation needs at least five days
prior to the event with Virginia Cooperative Extension