Parenting At-Risk Youth
Juvenile Justice Parenting Program (JJPP)
These classes are for parents of at-risk youth. Families may attend because their child has come to the attention of the court, is truant from school or is involved in activities that put him/her at risk of court involvement. Both parents and the youth may participate in the program.
While parents are exploring and strengthening their parenting skills, the youth address issues such as peer pressure, choice-making and anger management. Frequently both groups discuss specific risky behaviors such as drug use and sexual activity.
Classes are held in two-hour sessions one night a week for eight weeks. They are offered throughout the county at various locations. The program fee is $40 for all families. The groups are led by instructors who have master's degrees and extensive experience working with at-risk youth and their families. Click here to print a Parent Education Registration Form or click here for the JJPP Class Schedule. To Register
- Print out the Parenting Registration Form, Click here to print a Parent Education Registration Form
- On box 2., JJPP, Juvenile Justice Parenting Program, include the Date of Session, the Class Location and check the appropriate box and include an adolescent's information, click here for the JJPP Class Schedule.
- $40.00 payment per individual or per couple living in the same household (couple shares class materials)
- Make $40.00 check or money order payable to: VCE Prince William
- Mail completed registration form (must have class date and location) and $40.00 non-refundable check or money order (Sorry, we do not accept credit cards) payment to:
VCE Prince William, 8033 Ashton Avenue, Suite 105, Manassas, VA 20109, ATTN: Parent Ed
All fees must accompany the registration form. Class registration closes at 1 p.m. on the first day of the class. You may sign up for more than one class (for example: JJPP & WFGA) on the Parenting Registration Form. For more information, leave a message at 703-792-6288 and your call will be returned.
Registration is required prior to the class.
If you have any questions, please call 703-792-6288 or send an e-mail.
Virginia Cooperative Extension
Parent Education Program
8033 Ashton Ave. Suite 105
Manassas, VA 20109
Virginia Cooperative Extension complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are a person with a disability and require auxiliary aids services or other accommodations for a workshop or meeting please discuss your accommodation needs at least five days prior to the event with Virginia Cooperative Extension 703-792-6289/TDD PC 1-800-828-1120.