The Prince William Office of Virginia Cooperative Extension offers
Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP) groups. STEP is a six-week discussion group for parents and others who want to learn more effective communication and discipline. The class facilitator uses videos, a textbook and handouts to lead discussions on child development, communications skills, self-esteem issues and discipline.
Classes are offered for two age groups: Parents of Young Children (birth to age 5) and Parents of School-Age Children (ages 6-12). The cost to cover class materials is $40 for all six sessions per individual or couple.
Weather reminder: If Prince William County Schools close early or are closed due to inclement weather, our parenting classes will be cancelled and will resume the following week.
Click here to download the STEP Flyer listing class dates or
click here to download the Parenting Registration Form. All fees must accompany the registration form. Sorry, we do not accept credit cards. Class registration closes at 1 p.m. on the first day of the class. For more information, leave a message at 703-792-6288 and your call will be returned.
Class Schedules (Classes meet from 7-9 p.m. unless otherwise noted)
Parents of Young Children (Ages birth to 5)
- Manassas: Tuesdays, August 18 to September 22, 2015 at The Manassas Church of the Brethren
- Woodbridge: Thursdays, May 21 to June 25, 2015, at the Dr. A. J. Ferlazzo Building
- Woodbridge: Tuesdays, July 21 to August 25, 2015 at the Dr. A. J. Ferlazzo Building
Parents of School Age Children (Ages 6-12)
- Manassas: Thursdays, July 23 to August 27, 2015 at the Sudley North Governemnt Center
- Woodbridge: to be announced
Parenting Teens (Ages 13 and up) -
click here for schedule
Parenting Classes in Spanish (for all ages) - Clases Preparacion Sistematica Para Educar Bien a los Hijos
- Manassas: to be announced
- Woodbridge: Mondays, August 10 to September 21, 2015(skip 9/7) at Dr. A. J. Ferlazzo Building
Virginia Cooperative Extension
Parent Education Program
8033 Ashton Ave. Suite 105
Manassas VA 20109
Virginia Cooperative Extension complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are a person with a disability and require auxiliary aids services or other accommodations for a workshop or meeting please discuss your accommodation needs at least five days prior to the event with Virginia Cooperative Extension 703-792-6289/TDD PC 1-800-828-1120.