The Prince William Office of Virginia Cooperative Extension offers
Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP) groups. STEP is a seven-week discussion group for parents and others who want to learn more effective communication and discipline. The class facilitator uses videos, a textbook and handouts to lead discussions on child development, communications skills, self-esteem issues and discipline.
Classes are offered for three age groups: Parents of Young Children (birth to age 5) , Parents of School-Age Children (ages 6-12), and Parents of Teenagers. The cost to cover class materials is $40 for all seven sessions per individual or couple.
Weather reminder: If Prince William County Schools close early or are closed due to inclement weather, our parenting classes will be cancelled and will resume the following week.
VCE Prince William, 8033 Ashton Avenue, Suite 105, Manassas, VA 20109, ATTN: Julie S.
All fees must accompany the registration form. Class registration closes at 1 p.m. on the first day of the class. You may sign up for more than one class (for example: JJPP & WFGA) on the Parenting Registration Form. For more information, leave a message at 703-792-6288 and your call will be returned.
Class Schedules (Classes meet from 7-9 p.m. unless otherwise noted*)
Parents of Young Children (Ages birth to 5)
- Manassas: Wednesdays, January 23 - March 6, 2019, at the Sudley North Government Center
- Woodbridge: Thursdays, February 7 - March 21, 2019 at the Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building
Parents of School Age Children (Ages 6-12)
- Manassas: Wednesdays, February 13 - March 27, 2019 at the Sudley North Government Center
- Woodbridge: Mondays, January 28 - March 18, 2019 at the Dr. A. J. Ferlazzo Building
Parenting Teens (Ages 13 and up)
- Manassas: Tuesdays, February 19 - April 2, 2019 at the Sudley North Government Center
- Woodbridge: Wednesdays, February 6 - March 20, 2019 at the Dr. A. J. Ferlazzo Building
Parenting Classes in Spanish (for all ages) - Clases Preparacion Sistematica Para Educar Bien a los Hijos
- Woodbridge: Mondays, February 4 - March 25, 2019 at the Dr. A. J. Ferlazzo Building
Virginia Cooperative Extension
Parent Education Program
8033 Ashton Ave. Suite 105
Manassas VA 20109
Endorsed by: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Virginia Cooperative Extension complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are a person with a disability and require auxiliary aids services or other accommodations for a workshop or meeting please discuss your accommodation needs at least five days prior to the event with Virginia Cooperative Extension 703-792-6289/TDD PC 1-800-828-1120.