Nutrition & Food Safety Links/Resources
Ball Canning Hotline: 1-800-240-3340
Butterball Turkey Talk-Line: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372)
Food & Drug Administration Outreach and Information Center: 1-888-SAFEFOOD
Poison Help Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
US Department of Agriculture's Meat and Poultry Hotline: 1-800-535-4555 TTY 1-800-256-7072
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/foodsafety
United States Department of Agriculture: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/
Consumer.gov http://www.consumer.gov/ and Consumer Product hotline: 1-800-638-2772
- Online and telephone federal information resources for consumers.
- Information on a wide range of consumer topics.
- Information for consumers about home food safety.
- Information for consumers about healthy eating, exercise and steps to a healthier you.
- Information regarding nutrition, lifestyle, medication and research for diabetes.
American Cancer Society: http://www.cancer.org
National Cancer Institute: http://www.cancer.gov
- Information regarding different types of cancer and cancer research studies.
National Osteoporosis Foundation: http://www.nof.org
- Information regarding osteoporosis, prevention of osteoporosis, doctors, research and more.
National Kidney Foundation: http://www.kidney.org
- Information regarding kidney disease, transplantation and hemodialysis
American Liver Foundation: http://www.liverfoundation.org
Family Access Medical Insurance Security Plan: http://www.famis.org
- Covering children with affordable health insurance
Virginia Department of Health: http://www.vdh.state.va.us/
- Tips and information affecting the public health of woman, men, infants, children, adolescents, as well as chronic diseases etc.
Links To Third Party Sites - Disclaimer: This website contains hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than the Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE). Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. VCE does not control such websites and is not responsible for their contents. VCE's inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
Virginia Cooperative Extension
Nutrition Education Program
8033 Ashton Ave. Suite 105
Manassas VA 20109
Virginia Cooperative Extension complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are a person with a disability and require auxiliary aids services or other accommodations for a workshop or meeting please discuss your accommodation needs at least five days prior to the event with Virginia Cooperative Extension 703-792-6289/TDD PC 1-800-828-1120