Resolve to get your finances in order? 2014 classes now enrolling!
View our Class calendar
*CANCELED: Am I Ready to Buy A House?, Tu, Mar 11, 10:30a.m.*
*CANCELED: Terrific Tenants, Wed, Mar 12, 1:30 p.m.*
Financial Education & Housing Counseling Program
- Thinking about buying a home?
- Looking for ways to manage your money more effectively?
- Unable to save, regardless of how much money you make?
- Obtaining cash advances from your credit cards?
- Struggling with your rent or mortgage payments?
- Anticipating a major life change-marriage, birth, etc.?
- Considering a home equity/consolidation loan to pay off debts?
If you answered yes, we can help!
At Virginia Cooperative Extension, we offer educational workshops, resources and individual counseling to help you manage your personal finances and plan for your financial future. Staff and trained volunteers can help you create a spending plan, manage your credit, prepare for homeownership, reduce your debt, and build reserves to achieve financial stability.
- Financial Education Workshops and Seminars
- Financial Assessment Clinic
- Individual Long-Term Counseling
- Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling
- Post-Purchase Counseling
- Rental Workshops and Counseling
Find information about VCE: Financial Education Program Brochure
Contact us by phone at 703-792-6287 for more information on specific programs or send us an email, email@example.com
- En Español, llamar 703-792-4755
If you have a desire to guide people on the path to financial stability, become a Volunteer Personal Finance Educator. Extensive training is provided twice a year in personal finances, communication and interview techniques, and presentation skills. Opportunities are available in individual counseling and group education. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
VCE Prince William is a HUD approved Local Housing Counseling Agency and works in partnership with the Prince William County Office of Housing and Community Development and the Virginia Housing Development Authority. VCE Prince William staff does not report to any credit bureau, or sell or endorse any product or service. VCE Prince William staff respects every client’s right to privacy and confidentiality.
Please note: If Prince William County closes government buildings due to inclement weather or any other reason, scheduled workshops and appointments are canceled.
Virginia Cooperative Extension complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are a person with a disability and require auxiliary aids, services or other accommodations for a workshop, meeting or event, please discuss your needs with VCE 703-792-6287/TDD PC 800-828-1120 at least five working days prior to the event.