Extension Leadership Council (ELC)
- To develop a program plan that will direct the Cooperative Extension's resources toward identified issues and concerns.
- To provide support and counsel from the community regarding the program resources and philosophy of Virginia Cooperative Extension.
- To assist the unit with educating stakeholders about VCE programs and services
Prince William County Extension Leadership Council (ELC) members represent:
- Prince William County, Manassas City, and Manassas Park
- Program interests or associations
- Cross-section of community demographics
- The ELC membership consists of community residents who represent County magisterial districts and the cities.
- Members are appointed for a 3-year term. However there are no term limits as long as members remain actively involved.
- Officers are Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary, all of whom serve as the Executive Committee.
- Prince William ELC is in partnership with the state ELC (Virginia Extension Leadership Council).
- The Council usually meets on the third Tuesday morning of January, March, May, June, September, and November.
E-mail us for more information.
Virginia Cooperative Extension is a joint program of Virginia Tech Virginia State University the U.S. Department of Agriculture and state and local governments. Virginia Cooperative Extension programs and employment are open to all regardless of race color religion sex age veteran status national origin disability or political affiliation. An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.