"My commitment to the citizens of Prince William, Manassas and Manassas Park is to perform the sworn duties of the Office of Sheriff. I will provide the service and representation that citizens deserve and expect. I will bring dignity and cooperation to the Sheriff's Office."
~ Glendell Hill, Sheriff
Glen Hill was born in New Bern, NC. After graduating from high school, he joined the U.S. Army. His last tour of duty was Vint Hill Farms Station on the western border of Prince William County, where he served in the U.S. Army Security Agency. He received an Honorable Discharge from the U.S. Army in June 1969. Following his discharge, he became the first African-American to join the Manassas Police Department. While serving there, he continued his education in criminal justice at Northern Virginia Community College. In 1993, he was named Superintendent of the Prince William-Manassas Regional Adult Detention Center. In November 2003, he was elected Sheriff of Prince William County. Sheriff Hill has more than four decades of law enforcement experience in Manassas City and Prince William County.
Glen and his wife, Carolyn, have been married since 1974. They have three children and nine grandchildren. Carolyn is a school teacher in the City of Manassas School System.
- Sheriff, Prince William County (2004 - Present)
- Gubernatorial Appointee to Secure Commonwealth Panel (2010 to Present)
- Current Chairman, Prince William-Manassas Regional Jail Board
- Superintendent, Prince William-Manassas Regional Adult Detention Center (1993-2003)
42 years in the Criminal Justice Field
30 years of progressive management experience
Former Chairman, current member, Peumansend Creek Regional Jail Authority
American Jail Association (named Correctional Administrator of the Year in 1997)
- Prince William County Republican of the Year (2003)
- Commendation, Virginia House of Delegates
- Lifetime Professional Achievement
- Twice named Prince William County’s Employee of the Month for outstanding achievements
- Ally Award, Virginians Aligned Against Sexual Assault
- Appreciation Award, for support of the Prison Ministry
- Dale City Christian Church, Distinguished Lifetime Professional Achievement
- Outstanding Support and Service, recognized by the United States Marshals Service
- First Baptist Church, Manassas
- Virginia Sheriffs' Association
- National Sheriffs' Association
- Prince William County Republican Committee
- Community Criminal Justice Board
- Fraternal Order of Police
- Virginia Homicide Investigators Association
- American Correctional Association
- American Jail Association
- Former Member, Board of Directors, S.E.R.V.E.
- American Legion Post 114
- Prince William Hospital System Foundation Board of Trustees