How To Apply
Thank you for considering employment with Prince William County Sheriff's office. Below are the ways in which you can apply for employment.
By Mail: Download PDF application & Initial Applicant Screening Form, then complete, sign and mail to Prince William County Sheriff's Office, Attn: Office of Professional Standards, 9311 Lee Ave, Manassas, VA 20110
In Person Drop off: Complete an in-person application by going to 9311 Lee Ave, Manassas, VA 20110
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FULL AND PART TIME POSITIONS.
Prince William County is a great place to work with a variety of jobs in different fields, great benefits and an enjoyable working environment. The Sheriff's Office is always interested in qualified applicants. Applications received remain active for a period of one year from date of receipt. All applicants will be considered for any position posted during that time.
Click below to download forms
Initial Applicant Screening Form
All applicants must complete Employment Application and Initial Applicant Screening Form.
Candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 21 years of age upon completion of the Prince William County Criminal Justice Academy
- Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent
- Must be able to complete the physical fitness requirements
- Vision must be 20/200 uncorrected, correctable with the aid of glasses or contacts to 20/40 in the worst eye and 20/20 in the best eye
- Hearing must comply with medical standards
- Valid driver’ license at the time of appointment; applicants with six demerits or more are ineligible
- Must not have been convicted of any felony or serious misdemeanor
- Prior to employment, applicants must sign an agreement that they will not smoke during the course of their employment
The Sheriff's Office recruitment and selection process supports the Prince William County Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plans. The selection process takes approximately four to eight months after the application has been received. Applicants must successfully complete the following phases:
- Submit completed application to: Prince William County Sheriff's Office, 9311 Lee Avenue, Manassas, VA 20110
- Conditional offer of Employment
- Pre-Screening Interview
- Polygraph Examination
- Background Interview and Investigation
- Medical Physical Examination
- Physical Fitness Test
- Written/Oral Psychological Examination
- Interview with the Sheriff or Designee
- Final Approval by: Sheriff, Human Resources, County Executive
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2005, FULL-TIME, REGULAR (PRO-RATED FOR PART-TIME) SPANISH SPEAKING EMPLOYEES WILL BE PAID AN ANNUAL STIPEND OF $1,560.00 (BASED UPON AVAILABILITY OF APPROPRIATED FUNDS) IN BI-WEEKLY PAYMENTS AS ADDITIONAL PAY