Recycling Drop-off Trailers
New Recycling Trailers Coming to Location Near You. Read more...
Residents may recycle paper and food and beverage containers at the recycling drop-off trailers located around the County. When preparing materials for recycling, please remember that paper items must be kept separate from food and beverage containers. Also please be considerate of the facilities hosting our recycling trailers and help keep these sites neat. Take plastic bags and corrugated boxes back home with you and do not leave any materials outside the bins.
These locations are for residential recycling and should not be used by businesses.
Paper Items (items below may be mixed together):
· Newspaper magazines and catalogs (inserts are ok, but no plastic bags)
· Other Paper: Computer office fax phonebooks books and "junk mail," etc.
· Paperboard packaging boxes (remove liners and flatten)
Containers (items below may be mixed together):
- Plastic containers: 1 - 7 narrow neck and wide mouth containers (remove caps and rise; no motor oil bottles)
- Metal food and beverage cans (discard lids remove food and rinse)
- Foil wrap and pie pans (remove food residue and ball up wrap)
- Milk juice and soup cartons (discard caps and straws and rinse)
- Glass bottles and jars (discard lids and rinse)
- Aerosol cans
Do Not Include:
- Cardboard boxes - may be taken to the County Landfill or Balls Ford Road Compost Facility
- Plastic bags - accepted at most grocery stores.
- Window glass, mirrors, light bulbs or ceramics
- Used motor oil containers.
- Paint cans
- Cokesbury Methodist Church at 14806 Blackburn Road (near the intersection with Reddy Road) in Woodbridge -(Please note that the church sponsors a separate container for aluminum cans used as a fund raising activity.)
Dale City Area:
- Birchdale Recreation Center - 14730 Birchdale Avenue
- Hillendale Commuter Lot - Hillendale Road near Dale Boulevard
- Hylton Boys & Girls Club on Dale Boulevard - 5070 Dale Boulevard
- Dale City Commuter Lot - behind Giant Foods, Gemini Way near Minnieville Rd.
- Dr. A. J. Ferlazzo Building at Donald Curtis Drive and Cardinal Drive.
- Town of Quantico on Virginia Street at Potomac Avenue
Lake Ridge/Occoquan Area:
- County Sanitary Landfill 14811 Dumfries Road
- The James J. McCoart Administration Building - parking lot off Greatbridge Road (formerly Asdee Lane)
- Exxon at the Glen, 4255 Seeton Square, near Prince William Parkway and Old Bridge Road
- Linton Hall School 9535 Linton Hall Road - Bristow
- James Long Park on Route 15 - between Dominion Valley and Route 234
- Nokesville Park on Aden Road - 12560 Aden Road
- Town of Haymarket on Jefferson Street (adjacent to the Haymarket Masonic Lodge and Gainesville District Volunteer Fire Station)
In addition to the materials listed above, the following materials are accepted at both the Landfill and Balls Ford Road facilities
- Corrugated (wafer board) cardboard - flatten (no waxed cardboard, cookie, cereal or paperboard food boxes)
- Scrap metal (we do not accept car bodies)
- Car batteries
- Used oil filters
- Motor oil or antifreeze - store separately in clean container. We do not accept other fluids or solvents
- Grass leaves brush branches and pruning. We do not accept food wastes.