Recycling Drop-off Trailers
Recycling Trailers at a Location Near You
Residents may recycle paper and food and beverage containers and cardboard at the recycling drop-off trailers located around the County. Please be considerate of the facilities hosting our recycling trailers and help keep these sites neat. Take plastic bags back home with you and do not leave any materials outside the bins.
These locations are for residential recycling and should not be used by businesses.
Materials Accepted (items below may be mixed together):
· Newspaper magazines and catalogs (inserts are ok, but no plastic bags)
· Other Paper: Computer office fax phonebooks books and "junk mail," etc.
· Paperboard packaging boxes (remove liners and flatten)
- Plastic containers: 1 - 7 narrow neck and wide mouth containers (remove caps and rise; no motor oil bottles)
- Metal food and beverage cans (discard lids remove food and rinse)
- Foil wrap and pie pans (remove food residue and ball up wrap)
- Milk juice and soup cartons (discard caps and straws and rinse)
- Glass bottles and jars (discard lids and rinse)
- Aerosol cans
Do Not Include:
- Cardboard boxes - larger than 2 ft x 2 ft. Large boxes may be taken to the County Landfill or Balls Ford Road Compost Facility
- Plastic bags - accepted at most grocery stores.
- Window glass, mirrors, light bulbs or ceramics
- Used motor oil containers.
- Paint cans
- Cokesbury Methodist Church at 14806 Blackburn Road (near the intersection with Reddy Road) in Woodbridge -(Please note that the church sponsors a separate container for aluminum cans used as a fund raising activity.)
Dale City Area:
Lake Ridge/Occoquan Area:
In addition to the materials listed above, the following materials are accepted at both the Landfill and Balls Ford Road facilities for recycling
- Corrugated (wafer board) cardboard - flatten (no waxed cardboard, cookie, cereal or paperboard food boxes)
- Scrap metal (we do not accept car bodies)
- Car batteries
- Used oil filters
- Motor oil or antifreeze - store separately in clean container. We do not accept other fluids or solvents
- Yard waste: grass, leaves, brush, branches and prunings. We do not accept food waste from residents for composting/recycling.