The Watershed Management Branch is responsible for oversight of much of the site and land development functions in the county as well as maintaining the County's storm water infrastructure and efforts to improve local streams and waterways. Programs include:
- flood control
- erosion and sediment control/plan review/inspection/enforcement
- protection of environmentally sensitive areas
- storm water plan review/inspection/enforcement
- dam safety
- drainage maintenance/improvement
- site and land development
- pollution prevention
- illicit discharge/illegal dumping in storm drains
The branch is an active participant in a variety of state and federal programs dedicated to cleaner water. Funding for programs is provided through the storm water management fee and development fees.
Learn more about our programs by visiting the pages linked in the left column.