The Special Weapons and Tactics Unit (S.W.A.T.) supports the Operations and Criminal Investigations divisions of the Department.
This specialized unit is used to:
- resolve high-risk situations with a minimum loss of life, injury or property damage,
- resolve situations involving barricaded subjects,
- rescue hostages,
- stabilize situations involving high-risk suicidal subjects,
- provide assistance on drug raids, arrest warrants and search warrants,
- provide additional security at special events,
- provide executive protection.