Beginning July 1, 2011, the Prince William County Police Department will begin accepting online applications via NEOGOV for sworn positions, the county's online applicant portal.
Please visit to create a NEOGOV account and apply for our current police department vacancies.
Additional steps in the hiring process:
- Written examination
- Conditional offer of employment
- Pre-screening interview
- Polygraph examination
- Background interview and investigation
- Medical physical examination
- Body art/tattoo policy
- Physical fitness test
- Written/oral psychological examination
- Police officer ride-a-long
- Interview with the Chief of Police or designee
- Final approval by: Chief of Police, Human Resources, County Executive