Prince William County Animal Control
- The Animal Advisory Committee (AAC) is charged by the Board of County Supervisors (BOCS) with:
- Advising the BOCS on improvements to policies;
- Increasing community outreach;
- Seeking outside grant funding for animal-welfare initiatives;
- Providing support as requested to Animal Care/Control Services; and
- Making recommendations to the BOCS on programs, classes and special events that will assist Prince William County in providing the best possible animal-welfare services to the community.
The AAC does not comment on, or consider matters relating to, farming, livestock, beekeeping, fishing, hunting, trapping, wildlife, circuses, zoos, private persons, private property, animal-testing facilities or educational institutions.
The AAC recognizes the County's fiscal constraints and does not comment on, or consider, matters that require greater expenditure of public funds beyond the current budget for the Animal Shelter, the Animal Control Bureau, or any other County agency.
- BOCS Chairman's Representative - Kim Downen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brentsville District Representative - Rachel Shepherd, email@example.com
- Coles District Representative - Carol Litchfield, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gainesville District Representative - Kim Luther, email@example.com
- Neabsco District Representative - Kelly Easterly, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occoquan District Representative - Jen Jones, email@example.com
- Potomac District Representative - Lori E. Leary, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Woodbridge District Representative - Monica Hobby, email@example.com
- Veterinarian/Veterinary Technician - VACANT
- Pet Retail/Boarding/Grooming - VACANT
- Prince William SPCA - Melissa Korzuch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Animal Rescue - Sherry Meier, email@example.com
- PWC Police Department - Captain Christopher Feather, 703-792-6463
Most meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month. Please feel free to contact an AAC member to verify the exact time/date. Meetings are currently being held at the James J. McCoart Administration Building, 1 County Complex Court, Prince William, VA 22192. AAC meetings begin at 7 p.m. Fifteen minutes of citizens' time is allotted, beginning at 6:45 p.m. If no one is present to speak, the formal meeting will begin early. Subcommittees meet after the scheduled meeting for approximately 30 minutes.