Prince William County Animal Control
- The Animal Advisory Committee (AAC) is charged by the Board of County Supervisors (BOCS) with:
- Advising the BOCS on improvements to policies;
- Increasing community outreach;
- Seeking outside grant funding for animal-welfare initiatives;
- Providing support as requested to Animal Care/Control Services; and
- Making recommendations to the BOCS on programs, classes and special events that will assist Prince William County in providing the best possible animal-welfare services to the community.
The AAC does not comment on, or consider matters relating to, farming, livestock, beekeeping, fishing, hunting, trapping, wildlife, circuses, zoos, private persons, private property, animal-testing facilities or educational institutions.
The AAC recognizes the County's fiscal constraints and does not comment on, or consider, matters that require greater expenditure of public funds beyond the current budget for the Animal Shelter, the Animal Control Bureau, or any other County agency.
- BOCS Chairman's Representative - Kim Downen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brentsville District Representative - Rachel Shepherd, email@example.com
- Coles District Representative - Carol Litchfield, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gainesville District Representative - Kim Luther, email@example.com
- Neabsco District Representative - Kelly Easterly, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occoquan District Representative - Jen Jones, email@example.com
- Potomac District Representative - Lori E. Leary, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Woodbridge District Representative - Monica Hobby, email@example.com
- Veterinarian/Veterinary Technician - VACANT
- Pet Retail/Boarding/Grooming - VACANT
- Prince William SPCA - Melissa Korzuch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Animal Rescue - Sherry Meier, email@example.com
- PWC Police Department - Captain Christopher Feather, 703-792-6463
Meetings are held at the James J. McCoart Administration Building (Cedar Run Conference Room), 1 County Complex Court, Prince William, VA 22192. Citizens' time is 6:45 p.m.; the meeting begins at 7 p.m. Subcommittees meet, as needed, following the scheduled meeting for approximately 30 minutes.
|June 20, 2017||July 18, 2017|
|August 2017 -- NO MEETING||Sept. 19, 2017|
|Oct. 17, 2017||Dec. 5, 2017 |