PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VIRGINIA… Are you a college student looking for a summer internship? The Prince William County Police Department is seeking qualified college students for unpaid internships for the summer of 2019. Positions are available at a variety of divisions and locations within the Police Department. The application period is March 1 –17, 2019.
Students must complete and/or provide the following at the time of their application submission:
- Online Application
- Cover letter (addressed to Police Personnel Manager) with the following information – credit hours to be obtained; internship hours required by the college; college reporting requirements (evaluations, special projects, etc.); and area of interest in the Police Department (Criminal Investigations, Patrol, Forensics, etc.).
- Letter(s) of recommendation from college faculty member(s). Minimum of 1 letter required.
- College/university transcript
Minimum qualifications for a Police Department internship:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Preferably in junior/senior year of college
- Must be in good academic standing
- Valid driver's license (with no more than six demerit points)
- Must not have been convicted or pled guilty/no contest to a felony, or any offense that would be a felony if committed in the state of Virginia.
- Must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor of a serious nature that reflects moral turpitude or indicates a tendency to disregard the law.
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.joinpwcpd.org/internship