Criminal Background Checks
Need to obtain a Criminal History Background Check but you aren't in Prince William County? Simply mail the documents listed below to the Prince William County Police Department Records Section 8400 Kao Circle Manassas VA 20110.
- A copy of your Social Security card (or a photocopy of your unexpired U.S. passport).
- A photocopy of your valid driver's license.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope.
- A notarized letter stating that you give the Police Department permission to complete a record check.
- Indicate your current address (including APO if applicable).
- Enclose a money order for $6 (six dollars U.S.) payable to PWC Director of Finance-- cash and checks are NOT accepted.
- The requested information will be mailed back in your self-addressed stamped envelope -- generally within 72 hours of receipt of your information.