You are invited to attend a Town Hall/Charrette with county staff on Saturday, March 10, 2018 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Patriot High School, Cafeteria, 10504 Kettle Run Road, Nokesville, VA 20181. The event consists of exercises, utilizing existing documents, maps, and background information, to create a vision for the future of Innovation Park.
This small area plan is an update of the existing Innovation Park Sector Plan, which has helped develop a successful advanced technology business environment, and served as a tool to develop the Innovation area as a business destination and economic engine. A small area plan offers an opportunity to revisit and synthesize existing plans and consolidate them into a small area plan with a single vision and implementation plan with actionable steps toward further establishment of Innovation Park as a mixed-use employment center for the County.
The Small Area Plan process consists of the following tasks:
Task 1: Conduct Background Research (COMPLETE)
- Review existing documents, studies/reports, Comprehensive Plan elements, and the Zoning Ordinance
- Conduct site analysis including site visits and constraints identification and mapping
Task 2: Hold Preliminary Stakeholder Meetings (COMPLETE)
- Meet with County agencies, external agencies, and other stakeholders to collect additional background information
- Link to notes from stakeholder meeting(s):
Task 3: Hold a Public Town Hall Meeting (ACTIVE TASK)
- Introduce the Small Area Plan project and charrette process
- Conduct SWOT and TOWS analysis for the development of the vision, goals, objectives, and design guidelines
- Conduct an exercise exploring the site analysis of existing conditions including assets and liabilities in the study area
- Conduct a visioning exercise to create goals and objectives
Task 4: Draft Document
Staff will draft the plan based on the findings of the background research, stakeholder meetings, town hall meeting, and charrette with particular emphasis on:
Strategic plan implementation
Economic development analysis
Implementation and phasing plan
Conduct a visual preference survey in order to help establish design objectives/guidelines. Below are some potential VPS topics for a study area:
Task 5: Hold a Planning Commission Work Session
Task 6: Hearing Process
Benefit to Prince William County
In developing Innovation Park as an economic center for the County, this project will have the opportunity to address Prince William County’s Strategic Plan goals and identify necessary improvements to the multi-modal transportation network, as well as conduct economic development analysis. The small area plan will evaluate the existing layers of regulations guiding development and make recommendations on how to clarify the process. As a result of this study, the County also expects to highlight the potential for mixed-use developments, increased private sector investment, and improved transportation infrastructure.
Questions or Comments
This page will be updated when meeting dates are scheduled. Questions, comments, or concerns may be submitted to the Planning Office at 703-792-7615, through the comment form, or email to Ryan Foster, Community Development Manager, at email@example.com.