Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Planning Pending Cases Interactive Map Application

The map can be used to research and review the cases currently being processed by the Planning Office. The application is automatically updated as cases are added or deleted from the Pending Cases GIS layer.

Clicking on a case will open a "pop-up" menu that provides information about the case and links to ePortal and the staff report, when it is available after being dispatched to the Planning Commission. The Planning Commission staff report will remain available until the staff report is dispatched to the Board of County Supervisors prior to the scheduled hearing date for the Board.

If you have seen a "Public Hearing" sign posted by the road, enter the closest street intersection to where it was and the map will automatically zoom in to that location. it is also possible to search by street address.

If you would like more search capabilities and to be able to query and review all of the pending cases by case type, name, number, or status click here.

Note: The interactive map does not include cases that are county-wide or not site-specific. These types of cases may include:

To get up-to-date information on cases, permits and other development documents go to the Development Services ePortal web page.

For a comprehensive list of all cases in process in the Planning Office see the Development Application Processing Schedule (DAPS)

If you would like to submit a comment on a pending case click here.
Click on eNotifications to sign up for Planning Commission and Board of County Supervisors updates to related topics including: Board of County Supervisors Agendas, Comprehensive Plan Amendments, Design and Construction Standards Manual (DCSM), Planning Commission Agendas, and Zoning Text Amendments as well as many other Prince William County government and community service topics.
Questions or comments?  Email the Planning Office at or call 703-792-7615.


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.