potomac commuter fast Ferry Infrastructure Gap Analysis unveiling...
along with the North Woodbridge Small Area Plan and the role Fast Ferry will play in its implementation.
Hear from the Urban Land Institute about implementation of the Potomac Commuter Fast Ferry transit service that would move commuters off crowded roadways and onto our scenic waterways.
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Reception: 6:30 pm | Presentations: 7- 9 pm | Refreshments Provided
13200 Marina Way
Woodbridge, VA 22191
Registration web page
Free to attend, RSVP required. Space is limited.
Over the years, many studies and plans have been created for North Woodbridge, the small area plan offers an opportunity to revisit and synthesize those plans by analyzing the existing plans and studies, and consolidating them into a small area plan with a single vision and implementation plan with actionable steps toward redevelopment and revitalization.
The Small Area Plan process consists of the following tasks:
Task 1: Conduct Background Research (Complete)
Review existing documents, studies/reports, Comprehensive Plan elements, and the Zoning Ordinance, including:
Task 2: Hold Preliminary Stakeholder Meetings (Complete)
Meet with County agencies, external agencies, and other stakeholders to collect additional background information
Link to notes from stakeholder meeting(s):
Task 3: Hold a Public Town Hall Visioning and Design Charrette (Complete)
- Introduce the small area plan project and charrette process
- Conduct SWOT & TOWS analysis for the development of the vision, goals, objectives
- Review the Potomac Communities Design Guidelines on the following topics:
- Sidewalks and trails including bicycles
- Public/open spaces
- Conduct an exercise exploring the site analysis of existing conditions including assets and liabilities in the study area
- Conduct a visioning exercise to create goals and objectives
- Draft plan alternatives
- Identify common themes
A Town Hall/Charrette was held on both January 10 & 11 from 6:00p.m.-9:00p.m. at the Regional Center for Workforce Education & Training on the NOVA campus. Below are links to the exercise results of each of the five break-out tables from the charrette:
Task 4: Draft Document (Active Task)
Staff will draft the plan based on the findings of the background research, stakeholder meetings, town hall meeting, and charrette with particular emphasis on:
- Strategic plan implementation
- Design guidelines
- Economic development analysis
- Implementation and phasing plan
Task 5: Hold a PC Work Session
- Present project draft and provide opportunity for review/comments from the public and the Planning Commission
Task 6: Public Hearing Process
- Planning Commission Hearing
- Board of County Supervisors Hearing
Benefit to Prince William County
This plan is intended to implement specific actions for making North Woodbridge into a mixed-use, multi-modal community and provides an opportunity to address the Prince William County’s Strategic Plan goals and identifying necessary improvements to the multi-modal transportation network.
Questions or Comments
This page will be updated when meeting dates are scheduled or additional information is available. Questions, comments, or concerns may be submitted to the Planning Office at (703) 792-7615, through the
comment form, or sent electronically to Ryan Foster, Community Development Manager, at