Comprehensive Plan Amendments
Comprehensive Plan Amendment Applications
are reviewed annually. To be considered for review, all applications must be received by the Planning Office
no later than the close of business on the first Friday of the year.
The following applications are exempt from this due date requirement:
- Applications within the Potomac Communities (areas east of I-95);
- Applications for "targeted industries;"
- Applications within an existing or for a new Center of Commerce or Center of Community;
- Applications for commercial or mixed use development with a commitment to a concurrent rezoning;
- Re-designation of public land to private use or ownership.
Pending Comprehensive Plan Amendments:
The following cases are pending comprehensive plan amendments that have been initiated by the Board of County Supervisors as part of the Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments. Following initiation, applicants will be submitting additional information with a concurrent Rezoning request.
Richmond Station, CPA #PLN2013-00187
- Change +/- 29ac from FEC, Flexible-Use Employment Center, O, Office, and ER, Environmental Resource to SRH, Suburban Residential High and ER, Environmental Resource. A study of an expanded area has been requested by the Board to look further into the adjacent land uses.
Sheridan Lane, CPA #pln2014-00207
- Change +/- 1.5ac from CEC, Community Employment Center to SRM, Suburban Residential Medium for a single-family attached subdivision. A study of an expanded area has been requested by the Board.
The following are pending comprehensive plan amendments that have been initiated by the Board of County Supervisors and do not have a concurrent rezoning.
Gainesville Green, CPA #PLN2010-00254
- Change +/- 104.33ac from SRL, Suburban Residential Low and ER, Environmental Resource to CEC, Community Employment Center and ER, Environmental Resource.
Pending Comprehensive Plan Amendment Applications:
The following applications for a Comprehensive Plan Amendment have been received but are exempt from the annual deadline and have not been initiated. Pending comprehensive plan amendments that have a concurrent rezoning can be found on the Development Application Processing Schedule.
- Currently there are no pending comprehensive plan amendment applications.
Contact the Planning Office:
To submit your comments, concerns or ideas on any of the pending comprehensive plan amendments, choose one of the options below:
- Use the online Comment Form.
- E-mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the case name or number as the subject.
5 County Complex Court Suite 210
Prince William, VA 22192