Comprehensive Plan Amendment Applications are reviewed annually. To be considered for review, all applications must be received in the Planning Office no later than the close of business on the first Friday of the year. The following applications are exempt from this due date requirement:
- Applications within the Potomac Communities (areas east of I-95);
- Applications for "targeted industries";
- Applications within an existing, or for a new, Center of Commerce or Center of Community;
- Applications for commercial or mixed use development with a commitment to a concurrent rezoning;
- Re-designation of public land to private use or ownership.
Applications are then forwarded to the Board of County Supervisors for initiation. If initiated, an amendment will be heard by the Planning Commission then forwarded, with the Commission's recommendation, to the Board of County Supervisors for final action.
Pending Comprehensive Plan Amendments
The following cases are pending comprehensive plan amendments that have been initiated by the Board of County Supervisors as part of the Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments. Following initiation, applicants will be submitting additional information with a concurrent Rezoning request.
- Stonewall Landing CPA2015-20002 - Change +/- 108ac from Commercial Employment Center (CEC) to a mix of uses with low density residential and appropriate designations for maintaining employment uses in an expanded study area south of Lee Highway between Lake Manassas Drive and Baltusrol Boulevard.
- Gainesville Green, CPA #PLN2010-00254 - Change +/- 104.33ac from SRL, Suburban Residential Low and ER, Environmental Resource to CEC, Community Employment Center and ER, Environmental Resource.
The following are pending comprehensive plan amendments that have been initiated by the Board of County Supervisors and do not have a concurrent rezoning.
- Comprehensive Plan Technical Update - A technical update to the Comprehensive Plan through Res. No. 15-190. The update consists of incorporating changes due to new policies and land use decisions, removing completed action strategies, updating demographic information, updating maps, acknowledging changes in State and Federal law and inventorying new infrastructure. In addition, the Board of County Supervisors directed policy changes that would be evaluated such as level of service (LOS) for public safety and changes to the maximum student capacity for schools, which was necessitated by the 2014 update to the Policy Guide for Monetary Contributions (Proffer Policy).
- Economic Development Plan Update - An update to the Economic Development Chapter through Res. No. 15-190. The update consists of incorporating new policies regarding targeted industries, new economic development initiatives, and guidance for future initiatives.
- Longlevel Neighborhoods, CPA #PLN2006-00488 - Change +/- 18.15ac from SRL, Suburban Residential Low to SRR, Semi-Rural Residential.
Pending Comprehensive Plan Amendment Applications
The following applications for a Comprehensive Plan Amendment have been received but are exempt from the annual deadline and have been initiated. Pending comprehensive plan amendments that have a concurrent rezoning can be found on the Pending Cases Map.
Contact the Planning Office
To submit your comments, concerns or ideas on any of the pending comprehensive plan amendments, choose one of the options below:
Use the online Comment Form.
E-mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the case name or number as the subject.
Complete and print the Stakeholder Questionnaire and email the form, fax the form to 703-792-4401, or mail the form to:
5 County Complex Court, Suite 210
Prince William, VA 22192