Comprehensive Plan Amendments
Comprehensive Plan Amendment Applications
are reviewed annually. To be considered for review, all applications must be received by the Planning Office
no later than the close of business on the first Friday of the year.
The following applications are exempt from this due date requirement:
- Applications within the Potomac Communities (areas east of I-95);
- Applications for "targeted industries;"
- Applications within an existing or for a new Center of Commerce or Center of Community;
- Applications for commercial or mixed use development with a commitment to a concurrent rezoning;
- Re-designation of public land to private use or ownership.
Pending Comprehensive Plan Amendments:
The following are pending comprehensive plan amendments that have been initiated by the Board of County Supervisors and do not have a concurrent rezoning.
Gainesville Green, CPA #PLN2010-00254
- Change +/- 104.33ac from SRL, Suburban Residential Low and ER, Environmental Resource to CEC, Community Employment Center and ER, Environmental Resource.
The following are pending CPAs that were initiated by the Board on March 12, 2013 as part of the 2013 Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments. Following initiation, applicants will be submitting additional information with a concurrent Rezoning application.
- Midwood / Midwood Center Property, CPA #PLN2013-00182 - Change +/- 118ac from CEC, Community Employment Center, REC, Regional Employment Center and ER, Environmental Resource to SRM, Suburban Residential Medium and ER, Environmental Resource.
- Richmond Station, CPA #PLN2013-00187 - Change +/- 29ac from FEC, Flexible-Use Employment Center, O, Office, and ER, Environmental Resource to SRH, Suburban Residential High and ER, Environmental Resource. A study of an expanded area has been requested by the Board to look further into the adjacent land uses.
Pending Comprehensive Plan Amendment Applications:
The following applications for a Comprehensive Plan Amendment have been received but are exempt from the annual deadline and have not been initiated. Pending comprehensive plan amendments that have a concurrent rezoning can be found on the Development Application Processing Schedule.
- Pyramid Center - Request to change +/- 105ac from CEC, Community Employment Center and SRR, Semi-Rural Residential to SRH, Suburban Residential High and GC, General Commercial.
- Caton Hill Area Center of Community - Request to change +/- 22ac from REC, Regional Employment Center with a Center of Community Overlay.
Contact the Planning Office:
To submit your comments, concerns or ideas on any of the pending comprehensive plan amendments, choose one of the options below:
- Use the online Comment Form.
- E-mail comments to email@example.com. Use the case name or number as the subject.
5 County Complex Court Suite 210
Prince William, VA 22192