Comprehensive Plan Amendment Applications are reviewed annually. To be considered for review, all applications must be received in the Planning Office no later than the close of business on the first Friday of the year. The following applications are exempt from this due date requirement:
- Applications within the Potomac Communities (areas east of I-95);
- Applications for "targeted industries";
- Applications within an existing, or for a new, Center of Commerce or Center of Community;
- Applications for commercial or mixed use development with a commitment to a concurrent rezoning;
- Re-designation of public land to private use or ownership.
Applications are then forwarded to the Board of County Supervisors for initiation. If initiated a fee for processing the application is payable, and the amendment will be heard by the Planning Commission then forwarded, with the Commission's recommendation, to the Board of County Supervisors for final action.
2019 Annual comprehensive Plan amendment (CPA) initiations
- CPA2019-00001; Neabsco Commons - To initiate a Comprehensive Plan Amendment to change the land use designation for ±3.6 acres from Office (O) to Urban Residential Medium (URM). The parcel is identified as GPIN 8291-82-1098.00 on County Mapper, is zoned High-Rise Office, O(H) and designated Office (O) in the Comprehensive Plan. The parcel lies within the Neabsco Mills Study Area, Potomac Communities Revitalization Plan, and Potomac Town Center Center of Commerce. The applicant will file a concurrent REZ.
- CPA2019-00002; Lake Ridge Nursery CPA - To initiate a Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment to change ±3.4 acres from Suburban Residential Low (SRL) to Neighborhood Commercial (NC). The parcel is identified as GPIN 8193-92-0448 on County Mapper, zoned Agricultural, A-1 and designated Suburban Residential Low (SRL) in the Comprehensive Plan. The parcel lies within the Highway Corridor Overlay District. The applicant will file a concurrent REZ.
recently approved comprehensive Plan amendments:
- John Marshall Commons; CPA2016-00002 – A Comprehensive Plan Amendment to change +/-27.7 acres from Community Employment Center (CEC) to Village Mixed Use (VMU). The properties are west of existing Tyler Elementary School, east of the former Pace West School and north of John Marshall Highway and south of I-66. Concurrent with Rezoning Case #PLN2013-00115 Gainesville Magisterial District.
- Town of Occoquan Park; CPA2018-00008 - Oaks III - To amend the Comprehensive Plan long-range land use designation for ±17.65 acres from O, Office and SRL, Suburban Residential Low, to P&OS, Parks and Open Space. Concurrently processed with the CPA proposal, there is also a request to rezone ±17.65 acres from O(L), Office-Low and SR-1, Semi-Rural Residential to A-1, Agricultural for intended use as a park.
Pending Comprehensive Plan Amendments
The following cases are pending comprehensive plan amendments (CPA) that have been initiated by the Board of County Supervisors. Following initiation, applicants will be submitting additional information with a concurrent Rezoning request. CPAs that have been filed with a concurrent rezoning request may be found on the Pending Planning Cases Interactive Map Application.
- Virginia Gateway Addition (West); CPA2015-20000 - Change +/- 10.02ac from CEC, Commercial Employment Center, and SRL, Suburban Residential Low, to RCC, Regional Commercial Center
- Innovation Town Center; CPA2016-00005 - Comprehensive Plan Amendment for +/-78.65 acres from Regional Employment Center (Rec) - Commerce Office/R&D High Profile (CH) and Commerce Office/R&D (CO) to Regional Employment Center (REC) - Town Center Mixed Use (TM). The Property is on the East side of The Prince William Parkway (Route 234) approximately 1,100 feet North Of its intersection with University Boulevard and extending North to Wellington Road. Brentsville Magisterial District.
- Virginia Gateway Addition (Limestone Drive); CPA2016-00004 - Comprehensive plan land use designation for +/-24.0 acres from FEC, Flexible Employment Center, to RCC, Regional Commercial Center. The property is northeast of the intersection of Limestone Drive and Wentworth Green Drive and approximately 1,400 feet south east of the intersection of Wellington Road and Limestone Drive. The site falls within the Route 29/ I-66 Special Planning Area and the Airport Safety Overlay District. Concurrently processed with REZ2016-00019. Brentsville Magisterial District.
- Kline Property; CPA2016-00007 - To amend the Comprehensive Plan land use designation for ±100.45 acres from CEC, Community Employment Center, and SRR, Semi-Rural Residential, to CEC, Community Employment Center, with a Center of Community Overlay and with an expanded study area. The property is located south and southeast of the intersection of Prince William Parkway and Liberia Avenue and north of Buckhall Road. The site is addressed as 8129, 8227, 8231, 8341, and 8351 Prince William Parkway, and 10175 Lake Jackson Drive. The site is identified on County maps as GPINs 7895-12-8843, 7895-23-2666, 7895-23-4912, 7895-32-0193, 7895-33-1607, and 7895-32-7841, and is zoned A-1, Agricultural, and designated CEC, Community Employment Center, and SRR, Semi-Rural Residential, in the Comprehensive Plan. The project area is east of the City of Manassas, and is partially located within the Prince William Parkway Highway Corridor Overlay District. (Concurrently processed with REZ2016-00021, Kline Property) Coles Magisterial District.
- Bradley - 234; CPA2016-00006 – Initiate a Comprehensive Plan Amendment for +/- 20 acres to change the land use designation of the property from Community Employment Center (CEC) to Suburban Residential Medium (SRM). The site is located 200 feet north of Bradley Cemetery Way and east of Dumfries Road (Route 234). Coles Magisterial District.
- Zetlin Property; CPA2017-00002 - To amend the Comprehensive Plan land use designation for ±17.22 acres from SRL, Suburban Residential Low to CEC, Commercial Employment Center, to provide mixed-use project. Applicant will submit concurrent rezoning application. Brentsville Magisterial District.
Contact the Planning Office
To submit your comments, concerns or ideas on any of the pending comprehensive plan amendments, choose one of the options below:
Use the online Comment Form.
E-mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the case name or number as the subject.
Complete and print the Stakeholder Questionnaire and email the form, fax the form to 703-792-4401, or mail the form to:
5 County Complex Court, Suite 210
Prince William, VA 22192