Trails are an invaluable resource for any community, whether you are taking leisurely stroll in the park, connecting with nature or walking to the grocery store. Local trail access promotes increased physical fitness, a greater understanding of natural and historical resources, opportunities for non-motorized transportation and greater overall quality of life. With this, the Prince William County Department of Parks & Recreation is dedicated to the development of a comprehensive trail system throughout the county that will allow residents to explore and enjoy their community. Below are our trail use guidelines:
- Trails are open dawn to dusk
- Pets must remain on a leash and pet waste is to be disposed of properly by pet owners
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited
- Visitors should follow a "Leave no trace" policy so as not to disturb or pollute our beautiful parks
Trail Planning Documents
- PWC Comprehensive Plan - Parks, Trails and Open Space Chapter
- Open Space and Corridor Map
Prince William Trails and Blueways Council
The Prince William County Trails and Blueways Council is an advisory council established by the Prince William County Board of County Supervisors to advise the Department of Parks and Recreation and the Board of County Supervisors in the development of a County-wide trails and blueways system.
Click to visit the Trails and Blueways Council page.