Volunteer at the Library
Prince William Public Library System is seeking a select group of volunteers!
To volunteer, just fill out the online volunteer application form below.
Click here for the latest volunteer openings available at the Library!
Need more information? Call our Library Volunteer Coordinator at 703-792-6100.
What Library Volunteers need to know
- Your presence keeps the libraries open. If you are unable to report for duty as agreed, notify your supervisor immediately so a substitute can be found. You do not want to be the reason the library closes its doors. Unexplained or unscheduled absenteeism may result in dismissal.
- This job requires your full attention; therefore we ask that friends and family members not join you while you are working.
- It takes about 6 month to really learn your job and feel productive; therefore we ask that you commit yourself to us at least that long.
- After 6 months of service, we award a certificate and the opportunity to evaluate your performance and ours. If you ever need a job or school reference, we will provide one for you.
- Keep track of your hours on the time sheet in your folder. It gives us an accurate indication of the workload involved in running the libraries and is an important planning tool.
- Your efforts will be honored every April at an Awards Ceremony, with a certificate recognizing your contribution to the community.
- Your first line of communication is with your supervisor. Should you wish a change in assignment or schedule, discuss this with your supervisor.
- Volunteers enjoy the same privileges as paid staff and are expected to follow the same official policies and procedures. Feel free at any time to contact the Coordinator of the Volunteer Program, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. We really appreciate you help.