To volunteer, just fill out the online volunteer application form below.
for the latest volunteer openings available at the Library!
Need more information? Call our Library Volunteer Coordinator at 703-792-6100.
What Library Volunteers need to know
- Prince William Public Library System values the support of our volunteers.
- Your presence keeps the Libraries open so if you are unable to report for duty as agreed, notify your supervisor immediately. Without your help the library may not be able to open. If unexplained or unscheduled absenteeism occurs, we may ask you to resign.
- This job requires your full attention so we request that friends and family members not join you during your volunteer hours.
- It takes about 6 months to really learn your job and feel productive; therefore we would appreciate a commitment at least that long.
- After 1 year of service, we award you a certificate and the opportunity to evaluate your performance and ours. If you ever need a job or school reference, we will provide one for you.
- Keep track of your hours on the time sheet in your folder. It gives us an accurate indication of the workload involved in running the libraries and is an important planning tool.
- Your efforts will be honored every April at a Volunteer Luncheon.
- Your first line of communication is with your supervisor. Should you wish a change in assignment or schedule, please discuss this with your supervisor.
- Volunteers enjoy the same privileges as paid staff, and as part of our team, you are expected to follow the same official policies and procedures including the County dress code.
- Feel free at any time to contact the Coordinator of the Volunteer Program, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
- When you volunteer at the library, we may be taking photos or video for marketing purposes, including possible posting on the Internet and to our social media sites. Please notify your supervisor if you do not want your image to be published.Code-of-Behavior.pdf