As a service to patrons and area residents, the Prince William Public Library System (PWPLS) offers a test proctoring service at the six full-service libraries. Only those exams which meet the guidelines listed below will be proctored. PWPLS reserves the right to decline to proctor any exam at the librarian’s discretion.
Information and Guidelines
- Exams must be scheduled at least
one week prior to the test date. Librarians do not proctor exams on demand.
- The student is responsible for compliance with all testing agency requirements.
- PWPLS is unable to provide one-on-one monitoring of test takers, and cannot visually monitor the student during the exam.
- The library system reserves the right to refuse a proctoring request if the requirements exceed our capability.
The library cannot:
- Accommodate requests for walk-in or unscheduled proctoring.
- Interpret test instructions or assist in a technical manner with an online test.
- Guarantee that technical problems will not occur when using a library computer.
- Download or install software on library computers for test proctoring.
- Modify existing computer settings for online exams.
- Guarantee a quiet environment.
To request a proctor, please call or visit the library where you would like to take the exam. A librarian will be assigned to be your proctor.
Costs and Expenses
PWPLS charges a fee of $35 per test. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted. Checks should be made payable to PWC.
Credit cards are accepted only with a valid PWC library card account.
If the student misses an appointment, the librarian reschedules at a date and time convenient to both parties. The student may not request a substitute proctor except in an emergency.
If a student misses two appointments without a valid reason, the librarian is not required to schedule an exam for a third time.
For online proctored exams, the Library will not be able to hold a computer available if the student does not arrive within ten minutes of the appointment time.
PROCTORING PROVIDED BY OTHER INSTITUTIONS
The following institutions offer online proctoring. Please call the organization directly to inquire about their fees and requirements for proctoring:
|Institution ||Contact ||Location ||Notes |
Central Rappahannock Regional Library||540-899-1703||Various branches in the City of Fredericksburg and in Spotsylvania, Stafford, and Westmoreland counties||By appointment|
| Northern Virginia Community College ||703-878-6149|
Workforce Development Center
NVCC Alexandria campus
NVCC Annandale campus
NVCC Woodbridge campus
Note: This information is provided as a service only. Prince William Public Library System does not endorse any of the organizations listed.
DRIVER IMPROVEMENT TESTS
The Prince William Public Library System does not proctor VADETS driver education examinations.
The Prince William Public Library System has agreements with three companies, Driving University, Ticketschool.com and 24/7 Drive. Proctoring for their examinations is prepaid by the companies. Currently, the Library System does not have agreements with any other organizations to perform this service, but will proctor for other driving improvement schools for a patron-paid fee of $10. The fee must be paid prior to the exam. As an alternative, some businesses such as local UPS stores will often facilitate driver improvement tests, but calling the store in advance is advised.