Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Human Rights Office
How to File a Complaint

Filing a Complaint

Before filing a charge, make sure the Prince William County Human Rights Commission covers your complaint.  
The PWC Human Rights Commission does not cover:  
  • Allegations of discrimination that occur outside of Prince William County. (Note: the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park are not included in the jurisdiction of Prince William County.)  
  • Allegations of discrimination that occurred more than 365 days after the alleged action. Employment complaints filed after 300 days from the alleged action will not be dual-filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
  • Investigations of discrimination concerning companies with fewer than six employees; however, mediation services are offered, if both parties agree.
If you are not sure if your complaint is covered by the PWC Human Rights Commission, call:    
Phone: 703-792-4680
To begin the process, review the Intake Instructions and complete the intake assessment and submit it to us. 
If you are unable to follow the link, please fill out the intake questionnaire, print it, and either email it, mail it or return it to the office by hand. You may also call the office at 703-792-4680, and ask that a form be sent to you.
 Prince William County Human Rights Commission
15941 Donald Curtis Drive, Suite 125
Woodbridge, VA  22191


An investigator will be assigned to your case. The investigator will review the information that you have provided and will contact you with information on the best way to handle your case. 
View the following PowerPoint presentation to learn about the Human Rights Office.

Mission:  Eliminating discrimination through civil and human rights law enforcement


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.