How to Apply & Tips For Submitting Your Application
You can apply on line by clicking on the job title you are interested in and clicking on the "Apply" link. If this is the first time you are applying using our online job application with NEOGOV, you will need to create an account and select a User name and Password. After your account has been established, you can build an application by clicking on "Build Job Application" link. This application can be saved and used for more than one job opening.
The system will walk you through creating or editing and submitting your application. It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Carefully complete your Application and Supplemental Questionnaire and submit by the closing date indicated on the job announcement. You can attach an application, but this cannot be used instead of completing an application. Be certain to click on SAVE as you create your application. Your application will appear for you to review and edit as needed. When you are ready, click on Confirm and Send. A message will appear confirming your application has been received. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
Important information about applying
Unless noted by an asterisk *,for example Police Officers and Fire & Rescue Technicians, it is recommended to use the online system. If you have additional materials, such as training certificates or letters of recommendation, save those to bring to the interview; do not submit with your application. Applications are only accepted for positions which are currently advertised.
We do not accept faxed or e-mailed applications.
Minimum Qualifications: Each advertised vacancy lists the required minimum education and experience qualifications. Only the top ranked candidates possessing the minimum qualifications will be contacted for an interview by the hiring agency.
Receipt of Application: If you have correctly submitted your application online, you will receive an automated response that your application has been received. If you mail your application, you will receive a call requesting the additional information required to submit your application.
· Make sure you have carefully read the minimum education and experience requirements. Make sure your education and experience is clearly stated.
· Identify all preferred qualifications and special requirements outlined in the advertisement. If you possess these qualifications, make sure they are on your application.
· Save a copy of the e-mail or mailed response letter to ensure you submitted your application on time correctly.
· Use the online system to submit the application that best represents your qualifications with the job advertised including required licenses, certifications, permits, etc.
· Use a chronological application that clearly identifies your education to include name and location of school; certificate, diploma, or degree awarded or credits earned and yours employment history for each position listed, to include month and year employment began and ended, the numbers of hours worked per week if employment was part time or temporary and the duties performed.