What is my hiring status?
There are several steps in the hiring process for our Firefighter/EMT positions. The applicant is required to complete all steps before an offer of employment is made. After passing the written test and CPAT, your application will be evaluated. The steps in the process are the polygraph, psychological screening, panel interview and medical exam.
- Assesses reading comprehension, mechanical and spatial aptitude, and mathematical ability.
Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- Evaluates your strength, stamina and ability to perform as a Firefighter/EMT (for additional information click here)
- Assessment tool used to evaluate information provided by the candidate on the application and polygraph booklet.
- Screening tool used to assess candidate's ability to perform essential job functions
Medical Exam and Drug Test
- The information from the medical exam is confidential and will be provided only to fire and rescue personnel.
- In an informal setting, a series of interview questions will be asked. Afterwards, the applicant will have the opportunity to speak with uniformed personnel and ask any questions.
Offer of Employment
- Offers of employment will be made 2-4 weeks prior to the start of recruit school. All candidates will be notified of their hiring status at this time. Candidates not selected for employment will be provided with instructions on how to continue in the process for subsequent recruit schools.