- Full pay and benefits from the first day of recruit school
- Starting salary is $48,256.00 per year
In addition to our excellent base salary and benefits, we offer:
- $5,671.38 per year for Advanced Life Support (ALS) certifications plus hourly supplement pay
- Annual language stipend of $1,752.14
- Annual retention supplements ranging from 3% to 5% depending on length of service
- Signing Bonus: Applicants that meet the EMT-P / EMT-I requirements or meet the firefighter/EMT requirements listed below may be eligible for a signing bonus upon completion of recruit school.
- The applicant must have either a National Registry or Virginia State EMT-P or EMT-I certification or two years paid experience working as a career firefighter/EMT with the following requirements:
- Firefighter I & II (ProBoard); Applicants who possess certifications from any other state must be eligible to obtain reciprocity from the Virginia Department of Fire Programs and
- Virginia EMT or National Registry EMT; applicants who possess certification from any other state will be required to retake EMT during recruit training.