Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Fire and Rescue
Clifton Manor Place Fire Incident

​On Monday, May 28th, at approximately 10:00 p.m., fire and rescue units responded to a structure fire in a single-family home located in the 3800 block of Clifton Manor Place in Haymarket.

Upon arrival of fire and rescue units, the residents advised that all occupants were safely out of the home; however, their dog was still in the basement. As firefighters began attacking the fire and coordinating rescue efforts, the fire had spread up the exterior wall, into the attic and penetrated the roof. Firefighters rescued the dog and worked aggressively to gain control and extinguish the fire.

One firefighter suffered a minor injury during the incident. No additional injuries were reported.

Two adults were displaced; however, Red Cross assistance was not required.

The fire originated on the deck and the cause of the fire was a charcoal smoker according to the Fire Marshal’s Office.

The majority of grill fires (50%) occur on a terrace, patio, porch, deck, or balcony. The leading causes of charcoal grill fires are unattended cooking, combustibles too close to the heat and improper disposal of ashes. Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue ( would like to remind the community that grilling is fun but do it safely.


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.