Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Fire and Rescue
Kahns Road Fire Incident
On Thursday, April 10th at approximately 1:30 p.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a single family home located in the 13400 block of Kahns Road in Manassas.
Upon arrival, fire and rescue units observed smoke coming from the rear of the home extending in to the eves and the surrounding landscape. Firefighters extinguished the fire and checked for extension; no further extension was found.
No injuries reported.
The resident was not home at the time of the fire.
The Fire Marshal’s Office has determined the cause, improper disposal of smoking materials, accidental.
Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue would like to remind residents that smoking is the number one cause of home fire deaths in the U.S. Smoke-related fires affect not only the smoker but others living in or next to the home at the time of the fire.  To protect you and your loved ones, properly dispose of smoking materials by following these simple safety tips:
  • NEVER discard smoking materials in plant pots, mulch laden landscapes, flower beds, shrubs, bushes, grassy areas or woods.
o   Use large, deep, non-tip/sturdy ashtrays to prevent smoking materials from igniting nearby combustibles.
  • Make sure cigarettes and ashes are out – Put It Out.  All the Way Every Time.
  • Protect your home or business by providing an area for individuals to properly extinguish and discard their smoking materials.


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.