At approximately 10: 30 a.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a two-story single family home located in the 13600 block of Dumfries Road in Dumfries.
Upon arrival, fire and rescue units discovered fire on the first floor of the home. Firefighters extinguished the fire and checked for extension; no further extension was found.
No injuries reported.
Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the displaced resident who was not home at the time of the fire, but services were not required.
A Building official was notified to assess the damage and posted the building as unsafe.
According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, the origin and cause was electrical and has been determined accidental.