Sign In

Trending Searches: Job OpportunitiesParks | Library

Fire and Rescue
Allerton Court Fire Incident
On Sunday, October 28th at approximately 5:30 p.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a multi-family apartment complex located in the 3400 block of Allerton Court in Dumfries.
First arriving units were notified that everyone was safely out of the building and were directed to the location of the fire.  Firefighters proceeded to the 3rd floor where they discovered smoke emitting from a bathroom vent.  Firefighters extinguished the fire and checked for further extension.  No extension was found.
No injuries were reported.
Smoke alarms alerted the family to the fire allowing them to exit the home safely.  Red Cross was called to the scene to assist one adult and one child.
According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages are estimated at $3,000.00.
The origin and cause of the fire was an exhaust fan in a 3rd floor bathroom and has been determined accidental.
Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue would like to remind residents when properly installed and maintained, smoke alarms save lives and protect against injury and loss due to fire.  You double your chances of surviving a home fire with working smoke alarms compared to homes without working smoke alarms.


You are now leaving the official Prince William County Government website.