Revision of Plans after Permit Issuance
- Revisions may not be faxed.
- Two identical sets of full size sheets are required. (Only submit sheets that are changed.)
- All requirements of the pre-submission checklist remain in effect for revisions.
- Revisions are date-sensitive and subject to credential guidelines. Original designer credentials, seals signatures, and dates are required in accordance with Virginia regulations.
- A cover letter is required for submission of revisions. The cover letter shall contain the project name, number, address, and an itemized list and detailed explanation for all changes. See the Building Development Policy 2.3 Resubmission-Revision Cover Letter for more information. Use the Resubmission - Revision Cover Letter for Commercial Projects.
- Each item changed shall be identified and clouded on the new sheet.
- New sheets will be quality-control checked and date stamped when accepted.
- It is the customer's responsibility to correctly insert new sheets.
- Fees for revisions are listed in the approved Building Development Fee Schedule. (Note that we currently only accept cash or checks.)