Intellectual Disability (ID) Support Coordination assists people with intellectual disabilities. Group coordinators assess and link individuals and families to needed vocational, recreational and residential programs. Services may include:
- Information and referral to appropriate services
- Help in accessing vocational, recreational, residential or other services
- Support and guidance to the consumer and their family
- Facilitating the delivery of service through an interdisciplinary approach
- Assisting clients in the receipt of Waiver or SPO Medicaid
- Coordination of services on behalf of individuals
- Monitoring the ongoing provision of services and satisfaction of the individuals for the services provided
Special Needs Trust
A Special Needs Trust provides people with disabilities the opportunity to have a trust fund that will not jeopardize public entitlement benefits, such as Medicaid and SSI. A Special Needs Trust is established by the family for the benefit of their loved one with a disability. A Pooled Disability Trust is established by the person with a disability who has received a sum of money.
The Arc of Northern Virginia
: The Arc of Northern Virginia is a local affiliate of the largest non-profit organization supporting thousands of people and families living with cognitive, intellectual, and developmental disabilities. Learn more about The Arc of Northern Virginia Special Needs Trust at http://www.thearcofnovatrust.org/.
You may also contact the Director of Trusts with any questions: Tia Marsili, The Arc of Northern Virginia, (703) 532-3214 Ext 115, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Commonwealth Community Trust (CCT)
: CCT is a statewide, nonprofit organization that is governed by a board of advisors. Learn more about CCT at http://www.commonwealthcommunitytrust.org/
. Helpful information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions section. You may also contact the MSW Executive Director of the CCT with any questions: Joanne Marcus, Commonwealth Community Trust (CCT), P.O. Box 29408, Richmond, VA 23242-0408, 888-241-6039 (outside Richmond), 804-740-6930, e-mail: email@example.com